Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• March 23, 2019, 07:16:11 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ronnie James Dio dead at 67  (Read 6931 times)

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ronnie James Dio dead at 67
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:18:58 AM »
I'm aware most of you don't listen to his music but I feel this warrants its own thread.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140129

Shit man! Saw him live for the first time last year, was very relieved to hear his cancer problems were clearing up and now this. Damn. RIP :(
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

HighWire

• Survival
  • The ConstruKction of Light
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ronnie James Dio dead at 67
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:16:18 AM »
I have never really investigated Black Sabbath but it's surely a great loss. I liked his vocals on Stargazer by Rainbow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6IPBN6ARkE&feature=related
"...I need to code in Rusty's balls as well." - James

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:27:19 AM »
Shit man! Saw him live for the first time last year, was very relieved to hear his cancer problems were clearing up and now this. Damn. RIP :(

Nah, once you get a serious cancer, you're pretty much fucked.  It may go into remission for a while, but usually it comes back.  Unless your name is Lance Armstrong (then again, he's still young, it may come back yet).

I'm a fan of his vocals...have a lot of his stuff on my HD. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 06:28:59 AM by DeeperThought »
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Daedolon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »
I wasn't never a big fan of heavy metal in general, but as far as heavy metal vocals go, he was one of the best. I like his stuff on Dehumanizer.

Even if you don't care much for the style of music (as I), you still got to appreciate the guy being one of the father icons of heavy metal. As one guy put it, heavy metal is an orphan now.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:13:14 PM »
It's a bit frustrating to see how - at least here - mainstream media doesn't give a rat's ass about him. I'd get it if it was some less-known metal band but man I always thought everyone knew Dio (like everyone knows Ozzy)
"heh, a sidenote, IŽd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonŽt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top