Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 21, 2017, 08:42:38 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Southernmost Combine - A Half Life 2 Episode 2 modification  (Read 99651 times)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
It´s true this is an old project, of which i never bothered to post material here (actually nor in other forums either). But it´s also true that i´ve been working on it very hard these days...

The thing is that i finally began building it from the other side of the bucle. So instead of keep trying to finish the architecture, i left it as it and started to work on the other subjects, yesterday. And know what? i´ve created a beautiful scene of which i plan to release a video tomorrow. This scene, featuring one of the maps of my mod also shows my custom models, sounds and textures and a great scripted sequence. It´s still very rough and WIP but i frankly dont recall having such a great modding moment in the last few years. Everything seems to be like i wanted it to be  -_-

Just let me tighten some screws and i will record and upload the video tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow).

By now, i will drop a few screenshots of this location only:

(they´re from an previous progress´stage)

the image is in Full HD, right click and open in a new window will make more justice of it.

ps: i know i wrote ¨a few¨ but it´s just one screenshot.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Southernmost Combine - A Half Life 2 Episode 2 modification
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »
Neat!
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:39:41 PM »
HL2 visuals fit perfectly with your mapping style. Is that building based on some real-life location you've come across?
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 11:34:55 PM »
Thanks  -_-

Not really a real location. I´ve been building a lot of buildings based on real pictures and then i took some details and references from them to make this one. But there is a lot of coherence on this mod´s details. The train´s car is an accurate copy of some old cars used here in railway systems of second importance. The train engine (not finished yet) will also be an Alco locomotive like the ones used for pull those cars -right now im just using the ep2 locomotive until i get that one done-. The trainstation benchs are also copies of the ones we see here, just like the floor tiles, oildrums, railroad signals and barriers.

If I am someday able to finish this mod, it will be liked by a lot of players, but it will be loved for those that lived in Argentina in the 80´s  -_-

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
I like that you're investigating the old times of Argentina...you might be a great asset if someone makes an Eternauta videogame someday :)

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:51:04 AM »
 -_- Heh thanks. El Eternauta is the first thing that comes to my mind when i see Half Life 2, their stories are so similar, a major entity from another dimension comanding slaves from other worlds just to keep enslaving more and more species and to keep colonizing worlds, a human hero, etc.

I started this mod with El Eternauta in mind, it´s just that i prefered to give the 80´s atmosphere because the amount of information and material i can get, the amount that i already know and how much nostalgia all this triggers on me. There are a millon of surprises i have in mind for this, i wish i could at least work on half of them.

Hey. I just finished recording the video, as soon as i´m done editing and uploading it. First thing i´ll do is to post it here. Expect to laught the fuck out of all you because since my computer doesn´t feel like recording the sound i had to make a live-mic record, which included a lame and totally improvised speech.  ^_^

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
So the video is uploaded. It works for me therefore i guess it works for anybody else (although nobody knows with youtube these days).

I know my speech is laughable, so limit your comments to the mod as possible :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RislNH0p4YI

Too bad with so many conversions fraps>videoconverter>WMM>Youtube it lost all quality  :/

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »
I would love to make an eternauta mod, if only someone made the models and programming :P. I'm sure we would get a Cease and Desist as the owners of the IP are very strict about it.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 06:57:29 AM »
Awesome!

I wonder how it will play out in practice, like, what you have to do around the station before the train arrives. I assume it's not going to be a matter of just entering some shed with a trigger.

Pretty cool that you've made all the props by yourself!

Liked the ending too :mellow:
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 08:01:11 AM »
Thanks   -_-

Still i´m terribly upset by the brightness/contrast unexpected change, the map looks a lot better ingame  :/

Of course there are going to be other things to do, i thought about putting that policeman to patrol the station and prevent you from getting into it until you find the ticket office and buy a ticket, that among some speaking characters introducing the player to the mod´s story*

*No, i won´t record the voices myself. For now, i´m just going to use a text-to-speech program and later maybe think about voice actors, which puts me in another controversy: spanish speaking actors with english subtitles or plain english speaking actors. The first fits the script, the latter is of wider liking.

I would love to make an eternauta mod, if only someone made the models and programming :P. I'm sure we would get a Cease and Desist as the owners of the IP are very strict about it.

I´d like too. This mod is pretty much started as a ¨El Eternatua¨ mod, it´s just that i derailed the line to the angle i wanted to.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:04:22 AM by Gambini »

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
*No, i won´t record the voices myself. For now, i´m just going to use a text-to-speech program and later maybe think about voice actors, which puts me in another controversy: spanish speaking actors with english subtitles or plain english speaking actors. The first fits the script, the latter is of wider liking.

I'd simply ignore idiots who want South American characters to speak English.

Is Freeman the protagonist or someone else?

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
They should speak Spanish.

That way there is no chance you will ask me to do voice acting.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Cody

• Ling Ling Into Battle Go!
    • MSN Messenger - codynz3000@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47:06 AM »
"This is my third attempt to record this fucking video"

epic  (y)

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »
What bugs me about the language is that, if i make spanish voices, i will have to make one for every single speech, while as with english i can use a couple of the original game.

Is Freeman the protagonist or someone else?

I have not decided that yet.

Fernito

• Duke Nukem speedrunner
    • MSN Messenger - ferno2201@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
I could help with the voice acting, I can imitate argentinian accent pretty well :P
Check out my Duke Nukem 3D speedruns!

Check out my metal band: Izkemia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top