Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• May 26, 2017, 06:14:16 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Southernmost Combine - A Half Life 2 Episode 2 modification  (Read 91207 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Southernmost Combine - A Half Life 2 Episode 2 modification
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2014, 06:16:31 PM »
That's some good lip syncing  ^_^
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2014, 04:47:50 AM »
I saw some really cool lighting effects in there... neat
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2014, 05:46:29 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys

definitely looks like all your hard work has paid off.

It will only pay off the day I release it  -_-

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2014, 09:29:17 PM »
Pretty good video, better than the last one. Not every trailer has to be explosive and action-oriented.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2014, 11:56:26 AM »

WIP model of an army truck I´ve been working on. The task seemed easy, I used the front and all mechanic shit from my previous bus model (which is a very popular model over here that was used for buses, military trucks and many other purposes), changed some aspects of it so it is a different version and then blended it with a Valve military truck´s cargo compartment and camouflage. However it turned out to be almost as difficult as making it from scratch. Yet, the output looks promising.

This will be a truck that drives around, so its wheels will spin and its suspension will jiggle.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2014, 02:42:10 PM »
Looks great (y) I really enjoy hearing about the sheer amount of detail and care you put into things, it really makes a difference from people who kinda half-ass things and push stuff out the door as soon as they can.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2014, 06:48:26 AM »
Thanks for the support. It doesn´t feel that good to me to be so meticulous. Many times per day I think of this mod and wonder if I´m doing right on keep beting on it. Every time I make an insight I think it needs more of this or more of that, but hardly realize that much of the time  I invest doesn´t really mean a step in the release direction. While I try to avoid it, I usually go back on my steps to change things and scrap lot of stuff that took me a lot of work. There were many times in which I only worked on it to get it out of my way and most of that work has gone to waste as it has been developed with the wrong motivation. At least these days (for the most of them at least) I´m enjoying the hell of the progress I´m doing but at the same time just thinking of the work that awaits me ahead overwhelms me. Ideally, I should have an alpha or beta within the next months, which would mean no further changes in the story, lenght or layout would be made. Then, spend the rest of the time just polishing the idea and no longer making major changes, but for that I already know I have to go back and fix some old stuff that no longer blends with the concept I have right now in mind. I would be really happy to have this thing finished, or almost finished, within the next 12 months. If i manage to do it, I promise to quit modding or at least to quit thinking so big when my time is so short.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »
Well, I go through similar stages but ultimately I realise it doesn't matter because am I enjoying what I'm doing at the moment? Than it's not wasted time, even if you spend all day on something that nobody else will notice. I'd say we're modding enthusiasts rather than just plain modders because we're long past the stage where we can do this all the time but it still finds it's way into our lifes at points.

It's good to break the work to be done into single steps though, it doesn't matter how many there are even a single or couple of steps a day is putting you towards the top.

I hope you don't leave modding though, but I think you enjoy it too much to want to stop forever.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
I´m making awesome progress on this mod and was eager for this extra week i have of holiday to put my focus on it. Well first hours of the holiday running and it´s like my brain is empty. fuck :angry:

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2014, 12:29:54 AM »
heh heh, welcome to my world. Every single time I get a week off work my mind goes running like mad at all the shit I could accomplish without having to worry about leaving it half-done or whatever...and then the week arrives and I literally spend the whole time vegging out playing games or browsing the internet.

Honestly though, my last Holiday I just embraced it and played a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to replay for a while - the last couple of days were productive for me in the end, and I still felt pretty satisfied with what I did. I spend alot of my free time chipping away at the TC anyways, so I treated the Holiday as also time away from worry about releasing that and it felt a shitload better. Might be worth giving that a try.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2014, 03:39:40 AM »
Of course, Either the inspiration comes soon or I start doing something else with my time, like taking care of my relationship  -_-

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »
The holiday is over and i made less progress than in a single inspired night. At least I realized this on time and enjoyed life in some other ways too.

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2015, 05:25:02 AM »
Loved the trailer man, is that you at the end? LOL!

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2015, 05:45:22 AM »
That's me. Is my english that bad? :P
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2015, 06:53:10 AM »
It´s funny you discovered it so late  ^_^

You know I eventually decided not to release that trailer more than on this forum and my youtube channel. I didn´t get it on the mod´s profile, which was its sole intention. After the trailer the mod, once more, went through a restructuring process of which It didn´t come alive. I finally realized how much precious energy this and other modding projects were taking away from me and that may be the end of my modding life. I may eventually try to get this thing barely playable, at least for the close ones that are interested. It is a shame i know, and some people told me I may get back, but it´s also a shame that I wasn´t paying enough attention to other much more important things in my life. The melodramatic speech wins again I guess.

Yeah and that´s Micky voicing that guy, but I guess your question is if that´s my face. Well, yeah: It is. But the model´s physiognomy takes most of its beauty away.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top