Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• March 28, 2017, 06:22:16 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Southernmost Combine - A Half Life 2 Episode 2 modification  (Read 83399 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Southernmost Combine - A Half Life 2 Episode 2 modification
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2015, 04:10:25 AM »
I'm not going to say what you should or shouldn't do in terms of getting back into modding, since it's your life and you do what you feel like. All I know is with my mapping it's just a matter of balance, and abandoning it for long periods of time during the uni semester :P

It would be nice to play the mod one day though. No rush  -_-
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2016, 11:08:04 AM »
So. Planet Phillip will be posting one shot of this mod per day during the next week, so i took some shots for him. Here´s the preselection (i only sent the best seven to him). I know this is much of the same repeaeted material, but you are all invited to watch it again (there´s some new material too :P )

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2016, 11:34:44 AM »
that beats the shit out of every other HL2 mod I've ever seen (not even just saying that because we're all butt buddies here) (y)

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
Thanks! Yeah i´ve made lot of improvements but you know the drill: only a few months left since 2010

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »
So I´ve been seriously thinking about releasing the only level the mod has in finished state. I re-planned the whole thing many times but the last concept consisted of five levels, of which 3 are very unfinished, one should definetely benefitt from being splitted in two (and i have a work in progress of that) and only one is a few tweaks away from being DONE. It wouldn´t not be the same specially because that´s the final level, which would spoil any possible future update, but it´d be a lot better than keep beting on the increasing unlikely of ever finishing it.

The dominant emotion that is pushing that decision is that i can tell i´m running out of energy for this. Every time I work on something that requires wasting another lot of work just because it no longer fits my new standards, i think "not again...."

I still come with great ideas, some the are truly better than the old ones, but i no longer have the patience to spend enough energy on them. So I would end with lot of better but half baked pieces.

In case of releasing, I know my motivation of eventually keep working on it will be attached to the attention it draws around. So it may also be a good test for target audience´s quality/quantity.

I haven´t moved forward with this idea yet only because i haven´t gathered the energy to work on the mod again. I´m not going through comfortable times in my life and its paying a toll on my creativity.

I´m not crying here BTW but more like adding some background before asking for your opinion this decision.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:42:43 AM by Gambini »

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2016, 08:41:14 PM »
I can see at least two problems with releasing a single map. First, if the reception is not as grand as you might expect (it's just one map in a journey-type episode, after all), you might end up demotivated. Second, even if the reception is okay, you might feel that, having already released something, the rest can simply wait, until you have no motivation left anymore to resume work.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2016, 03:35:42 AM »
But the thing is that getting demotivated may actually be a good thing. If the reception is poor, then maybe it´s not worth the effort of finishing it.

If the reception is okay, i will get part of the burden off my shoulders and that may be a good start to consider finishing it based on what to expect. I´ve been realizing i may run out of energy one way or another so having something released could be a good trade-off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top