Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• July 17, 2018, 01:07:38 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: 20 Sector Challenge (Community Build Project)  (Read 118513 times)

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Sector Challenge (Community Build Project)
« Reply #345 on: December 22, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »
these are the screens from polymost
That was important feedback! I've fixed most complaints you have mentioned.

the 'skybox' is now using the CLOUDYOCEAN texture instead of CLOUDYSKIES.

Disappearing sprites is a common glitch of Build engine. Ideally a sprite should not spread onto several sectors, occupying only a single sector, but that poses a limit on detailing. One can still manipulate the sectnum parameter to improve the look.

The projected text on the tank cannon is used for the onboard camera view and it's nearly impossible to hide it (of course, I've made those sprites one-sided, but they can be seen from camera side).

Invisible fire behind masked walls is a Polymost glitch (the fire can be seen in other renderers). I've removed the masks to make the fire visible in Polymost.

I've wrote a text template for this map, but I'd wish other authors to add their comments into it prior to release.
Lezing Entertainment presents The LAST PISSED TIME Chapter I

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 25, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
Since nobody has shown more interest to the map, I'll release it "as is" on my website this week.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: December 25, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »
I'll try to finish my play through within 36 hours and provide more feedback on the 2nd half if that fits in with your schedule.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 25, 2017, 10:05:21 PM »
I thought it was just the template in the attachment - Didn't realize it was the updated map as well.
I can go through it again if you would like.

edit: played through again.
other than an occasional misaligned texture, or the odd texture on one side of a wall & sky on the other side of the same wall - making a one-dimensional wall, (mostly out in the pier area where the freezethrower is located, example in pic where crosshair is), there's nothing else I could find, and it's really not worth the time to fix unless you're worried about aesthetics.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:40:44 AM by Forge »

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #349 on: December 26, 2017, 07:14:46 AM »
I've played through the latest version from scratch. Took me 47 minutes, I had no idea it's such a long map. Will probably take most people (who wouldn't be as familiar with the map) over an hour. I imagine people will also be extremely impressed with some of the effects, particularly the tank and the mirror with the holes in it.

Like Forge said, a few minor texture allignment problems, not really worth fussing about.

However I did notice some rather blatant tile 0 texture on the floor in the tank room near the entrance door on both sides. I doubt it's an aesthetic choice since it's inconsistently used.

I also have an issue with the sprite animations warning in the readme. When you say animations are screwed up, I assume you mean the chess game (that's the only problem I noticed). That animation lasts roughly half a second and so I don't think it's a big deal. Furthermore 'older' eduke32 is quite vague, and will become less meaningful over time.

Overall it's definitely a worthy edition to the CBP tradition, and nice to have a new CBP as there's been quite some time since the last one. IIRC the last were the Beach CBP and Duke Hard, both released in 2014. It's possible I've missed some less conventional CBPs however.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 07:20:37 AM by micky c »
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 26, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »
However I did notice some rather blatant tile 0 texture on the floor in the tank room near the entrance door on both sides. I doubt it's an aesthetic choice since it's inconsistently used.
Hmm, seems like that sector floor was accidentally reset by me. I've fixed it to normal texture and checked other textures nearby. I'll also clarify which EDuke32 version works best for this map.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: December 28, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
Well done on finally getting it out the door Leezing. Another loose end ticked off.

Now you just need to finish the LNGA mod  :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:08:28 PM by micky c »
Herbs? Tell me more!

Jan Satcitananda

• Just to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 10, 2018, 02:47:46 AM »
Well done on finally getting it out the door Leezing. Another loose end ticked off.

Now you just need to finish the LNGA mod  :P
Yup =P
I'm also secretly working on the Last Pissed Time sequel which has stuck half-done back in the years.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top