Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• January 17, 2019, 01:22:44 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Doom mapping  (Read 55987 times)

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Doom mapping
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2013, 04:50:53 AM »
Alot of Zdoom features are things that you can do in normal Duke, but I think actual strong storyline maps like the RED series are few and far between.

If you haven't you should check out Winter's Fury for GZDoom. It has a pretty decent story going on. Worth checking out.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 05:18:44 AM »
Alot of Zdoom features are things that you can do in normal Duke, but I think actual strong storyline maps like the RED series are few and far between.
If you haven't you should check out Winter's Fury for GZDoom. It has a pretty decent story going on. Worth checking out.
I already have actually! I saw it on the Caco-awards :) the story is indeed pretty damn good and interesting, but the WAD made my computer cry so I had to play most of it with god mode on. I didn't really hold it against the author since GZdoom's 3D floors always lag badly for me, but it was a beautiful WAD.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »
Hey Fernito! Do your map work with Brutal Doom? I got it the other day and its fucking badass!! Id play your maps with it if they work together.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »

I also tried that. The visuals are spectacular along with the atmosphere and design. However just like other doom wads, after a while gameplay got extremely repetitive, then I got stuck at one point, quit, and never felt motivated to finish it.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La pgina que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa ms tarde.

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »
Hey Fernito! Do your map work with Brutal Doom? I got it the other day and its fucking badass!! Id play your maps with it if they work together.

Yep, works fine. It's very difficult though.  :wacko:

I also tried that. The visuals are spectacular along with the atmosphere and design. However just like other doom wads, after a while gameplay got extremely repetitive, then I got stuck at one point, quit, and never felt motivated to finish it.

Shame because it's rather awesome. Though to be honest I played through it mostly due to the story rather than the gameplay. The final battle, while epic, went on for far too long as well.

Fernito

• Duke Nukem speedrunner
    • MSN Messenger - ferno2201@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »

haha yeah, Brutal Doom is pretty darn fun stuff! And yes, as Loke said, my WAD will work just fine with Brutal Doom.

PS: anyway, don't go around jumping and stuff :P as this WAD is meant to be played "vanilla-style" (i.e., no jumping), if you enable jumping you'll probably be able to skip several areas.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:32:51 PM by Fernito »
Check out my Duke Nukem 3D speedruns!

Check out my metal band: Izkemia.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2013, 05:21:04 AM »
Will have that in mind!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top