Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• March 20, 2019, 03:42:06 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Counter-strike: GO  (Read 12083 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Counter-strike: GO
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:29:09 AM »
So, anybody looking forward to this? I never played the original CS but CS:S consumed a summer for me so I'm looking forward to it, though I hope they don't decide to charge full price for it. So far I'm hopeful since they're adding several new things that don't just seem there for no reason. The Molotov serving as an area of denial attack rather than just a reskin of a grenade is one example.

Also this interview:
http://kotaku.com/5839298/what-the-new-counter+strike-is-and-isnt-according-to-valve

I thought the last part about skill was a good one. COD, Battlefield and .etc .etc are fun games but it's easy to die and not have any idea what happened. You can be a good player but if a player gets a killstreak and then wipes you out with a missile there's nothing you can do about it and you couldn't really avoid it. If you died in CS it was your own fault. Rushing into an area that the other side can reach first and snipe from or rushing round the corner without checking behind nearby crates, .etc .etc

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: Counter-strike: GO
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »
I agree about the skill thing. The random factor is much smaller than in any game of the CoD franchise. Also, like in BF, you actually need to know how to shoot instead of just pointing & clicking fire. CS is essentially about two things: one life and the buy system. It'll be interesting to see if they've made any changes to these two aspects that ultimately make CS CS.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:14:41 AM »
My manager from work went to that game conference thing in London and brought me back a beta-pass for CS:GO that starts next month. I was pretty impressed :D

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:39:10 AM »
Is that for the PC version?
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:04:32 AM »
Yeah, on Steam - I don't have x-box live anyway so PC's the only way I could play multiplayer.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
A little late to the party but what's the verdict on this? I got the full CS bundle on the steam holiday sale but haven't bothered trying it out yet :P
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
It was pretty solid, but I'm by no means a CS expert so I imagine Mikko could give you the details much better than I can. It's not much like CS:Source though, and personally I didn't really enjoy it that much. Your mileage may vary though (I do play a CS-like game called Crossfire though which is Free to play)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 07:13:04 PM »
It's the best CS although there are no radical changes. The competitive matchmaking feature is very good: I hardly ever play through the server browser anymore because random public servers are filled with noobs. If you're starting from scratch, you should end up on servers with other beginners if you use the Competitive feature. There are all kinds of small changes that make the game better such as a pretty good (but not perfect) voting system. I also like the new Demolition game mode with its short rounds and small maps.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 07:18:06 PM »
Yeah I'm no CS expert either, I only play Source when I go with friends to an internet cafe for a LAN party.

I've heard sorta mixed comments about it from other places as well. To be honest though I did get the package mainly for CS:S and it was only an extra dollar or two for everything else so I went for it.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 06:47:52 PM »
I tried out a bit of CS:GO at a LAN party the other day, and I only played the gun game mode so it's difficult to compare, but I enjoyed it. The guns feel less useless and the maps are interesting.
Herbs? Tell me more!

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top