Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• February 23, 2019, 05:33:47 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange behavior of Star Trek Door  (Read 7049 times)

blizzart

• ICQ Messenger - 458184698
    • View Profile
    • Email
Strange behavior of Star Trek Door
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:33:44 PM »
Hi,
I wanted to ask here, because I don´t know how to reproduce this.

I want to tell you what I want to do:
Many years ago a good friend of me worked on a star trek map. So he placed a star trek door in his map,but this door had a strange behavior.
When you first hit it, it opened a little bit, the second hit closed it, the third hit opened it some more and the fourth hit finally opened it completely (it did it randomly).

Unfortunately this was over 10 years ago and the map is gone and I never could re-produce this behavior in this way or another.

A while back I read something about this issue so this thing came back to my mind. It has something to do with a lo- or hitag left 0, IIRC. It would be nice if someone could tell me how to re-produce this.
"This might be the only game in history worth waiting 12 years for, perhaps longer.... It was good." -Jason Hall after playing DNF

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Strange behavior of Star Trek Door
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 05:20:18 PM »
This sounds somewhat familiar. Have you read the section in the infosuite?

Link: http://infosuite.duke4.net/index.php?page=ae_doors_nomap1

There's a note on the SE 10 and star trek doors. It doesn't sound exactly the same, as you described, but given how your memory could have changed over 10 years, this might very well be it.

Note: If you use this effect with Sliding Doors or Star Trek Doors, they will open and close automatically forever. This sparked some ideas, so I played around with this feature and came up with a neat trick. Give the S a null Delay value and link the door to a Switch, and you'll have a stubborn malfunctioning door which takes multiple switch presses to jar open! For another trick that exploits the same feature, see "SFX - A6 : Staged Sounds".
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

blizzart

• ICQ Messenger - 458184698
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 05:53:54 PM »
This sounds somewhat familiar. Have you read the section in the infosuite?

Link: http://infosuite.duke4.net/index.php?page=ae_doors_nomap1

There's a note on the SE 10 and star trek doors. It doesn't sound exactly the same, as you described, but given how your memory could have changed over 10 years, this might very well be it.

Note: If you use this effect with Sliding Doors or Star Trek Doors, they will open and close automatically forever. This sparked some ideas, so I played around with this feature and came up with a neat trick. Give the S a null Delay value and link the door to a Switch, and you'll have a stubborn malfunctioning door which takes multiple switch presses to jar open! For another trick that exploits the same feature, see "SFX - A6 : Staged Sounds".

Thanks, Micky.

That is actually the place where I read something about it. I ´ll have to test it, if it´s the thing I´m searching for, but it sounds very familar.
"This might be the only game in history worth waiting 12 years for, perhaps longer.... It was good." -Jason Hall after playing DNF

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
I remember an old map called Anrctica, it used some kind of star trek door trick. There was even an explanation of this.

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top