Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 25, 2019, 08:29:08 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!  (Read 48579 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!
« on: December 25, 2011, 04:02:41 AM »
The AMC TC is released!

http://msdn.duke4.net/AMC_THE_TC_V1.zip
Abyss fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?d7hon8f2g5da38r

This mammoth 8-character TC is finally ready for release, after several years of hard work. Featuring a huge range of features and effects (far too many to list here) The TC can be considered it's own game in it's right, taking story ideas from Duke Nukem as well as carrying on the storylines set in Imagination World (By myself), Oblivion (By Zaxtor) and Brave New World (By Mikko Sandt).

Featuring an episode of high-quality maps, built by myself, Rusty, Geoffrey, Highwire, Mikko and Sang. All the con coding, excluding a few parts by other coders such as DeeperThought, was by myself as well.

The AMC Squad is a paramilitary group formed by a man whose identity is unknown to all but a select few in the EDF and EAF. Using funds from both of those agencies as well as his own, he hired an old friend to track down 7 of the best and most skilled fighters on Earth. This squad was formed to tackle the most severe threats to Earth's safety, including fighting off the notorious Cycloid race of aliens. However, events soon unfold that dramatically increase the scale of conflict, and the AMC squad must soon deal with a new paranormal world that is new to even the most supernatural members of the team.

Can you fight as the AMC Squad, and take care of this threat? Will you scour the battlefield, find and aquire research and equipment and tackle the threat strategically, or just run in guns blazing? Will you choose to play as Sangluss, A warlock with great power who overcame a dark past? Or as Merlijn, the knight from Holland who wields ancient weaponry to deadly effect? Mikko, the Cybernetic leader of MS Corp industries, brings a range of deadly and hi-tech weaponry to the battlefield whereas Highwire relies only on good old fashioned guns (Preferably russian made!)

To those of you who played Imagination World and beat episode 4, if you copy the iw_complete.amctc file into the data directory in your AMC TC folder you'll unlock the 1911 and Jackhammer from IW for use when you play as James in the AMC TC :)

Please note that for the best experience, play this in Classic mode, Polymost does have support with widescreen functionality but Classic is what the vast majority of the team designed it in. Polymer is not supported.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:15:17 AM by James »

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
Re: AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:10:31 AM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I LOVE YOU, MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU WONDERFUL JOLLY MAN!

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:25:16 AM »
Fuck yeah! This is a great day for AMC... I won't be able to play it today because of all the festivities but I will play it tomorrow, can't wait!! Congrats!

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 06:28:55 AM »
oh man! i was coming to say merry christmas to all the guys of AMC, while thinking "is there still somebody?" and see this...!

I still believe in Santa. As Davox i wont be able to play it until monday or so but it´s great great news!

Taking the most of the situation i want to salute all you guys! Merry Christmas!

Phoenix

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
^ unlike the other two, we have no festivities, except play stuff.
... should EDuke ever work, I'll officially play your TC, right now I only showed the art work to my girl. That is a lot of work put in. WOW.
Many thanks, many hugs and kisses and a long ehmm, life, and future and Cheers. (y) (y)

... time waits for no one.
Hank

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
I guess it's time for me to make an epic post on Duke4.net

Fernito

• Duke Nukem speedrunner
    • MSN Messenger - ferno2201@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 07:05:19 AM »
OMG, didn't see this coming!!!

Downloading.
Check out my Duke Nukem 3D speedruns!

Check out my metal band: Izkemia.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »
So far this is pretty awesome.

Loved the bat flying around Sang´s head  ^_^

Well, but im stuck at Geoffrey´s level. I enter a sort of computer where there is a turret button but i dont remember its initial state and either pressing or unpressing it changes nothing. I know there´s a turret out in the canyon and i know it aims to a smoking vent in the same building i am but can´t connect that with what the hell i have to do.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »
That's not important to progression; there's a switch next to the big gate outside you can press which unlocks it. Once inside the little compound under the bridge you can make your way up the sides of the canyon wall (y)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
Any word on how many copies of the TC have been downloaded so far?
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 10:38:15 PM »
Duke4 doesn't have download counters as far as I know but I'd guess the number to be in the billions.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 09:46:24 AM »
Well, I´m in the Jupìter moon. Have found all the five elements and found back the door where to use them but now there´s a countdown running and I have only 6% of health. The problem is I dont know where to run, it is a very big map bound to make players get lost. I would have locked the places where one doesn´t need to go back by collapsing their entrances with rocks (caused by the earth eh.. moonquake).

So far the atmosphere is very inmersive and the gameplay is entertaining and intense at times but all the three maps i have played have a very confusing layout which forced me to go back and forth a lot of times seeking what to do. It is very difficult to not get lost and to know if yoe´re doing the right or wrong things, often for example you´ll face switchs that were used previously in the map but don´t remember what they did, so you dont know whether to press them back again or not.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:51:13 AM by Gambini »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »
There's a single door in the main cave that has a cybertour spawn outside of it, the exit's through that way :)

Phoenix

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 01:21:06 AM »
Duke4 doesn't have download counters as far as I know but I'd guess the number to be in the billions.
Well, I think at least more than any given DNF DLC.
Downloaded the latest fix, and played it all night. Fucking awesome. Honest, I still have some things I have not figured out, but this is where the fun factor lies for me.
Thanks so much to James, Rusty, Geoffrey, Highwire, Mikko and Sang.
Cheers
Phoenix.
p.s. Happy 2012. We are gone for a while, can't stand the fucking snow and cold.

... time waits for no one.
Hank

Eddy Zykov

• Too much vodka.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
I'm missing the snow. There's no snow in Russia this year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top