Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 25, 2019, 08:18:37 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!  (Read 48578 times)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »
Iīll introduce you with them maybe you can make the young CBP :P

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 07:57:45 AM »
Just wanted to say that Iīve been seeing my kids playing it some more and theyīre really excited. Thatīs old news but what made me post again is that i could see some more from what Iīve seen in my playthrough (which never finished). My older son also told me about some of the features.

Man, this is such a piece of art, full of little details, awesome levels, weapons, enemies and features! But if I have to be honest I think that the first level isnīt the best premise for this great mod. It looks quite basic and maybe rushed compared to the other levels. Some people may get the wrong impression and quit before seing the best because of that.

Also, although this could sound wacky, an optional guidable mode where the correct path is shown via navigation arrows or something similar would come handy for people like me who has serious problems remembering layouts and game mechanics from one day to the other. I failed to finish all Imperium, WGR2 and this mod because I find difficult to pick the timing of a mod If I canīt complete it straight.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »
Tell me that you've finished those mods/episodes since then?  :huh:

I think the first level is definitely most like classic Duke levels, so for the Duke community at least, it's a really good level to start with. I don't think there's any real noticeable difference of quality/detail between the first maps and the others. It's quite a good map with some fun scaling of cliffs (love the sense of height) and some really fantastic setups,  especially first encounters, with aliens that I remember as clearly as my first playthrough of hollywood holocaust.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
Also, although this could sound wacky, an optional guidable mode where the correct path is shown via navigation arrows or something similar would come handy for people like me who has serious problems remembering layouts and game mechanics from one day to the other. I failed to finish all Imperium, WGR2 and this mod because I find difficult to pick the timing of a mod If I canīt complete it straight.

Did you suffer some head trauma recently?  If I made that suggestion about someone's map over at Duke4.net, you would give me 1000 downvotes for it.   :huh:

"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »
Navigation arrows would drive me insane trying to implement; there is markers on the map that shows where keycard locks and stuff are though which is a great help I've found (and it works on usermaps as well) (y)

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 08:08:09 AM »
Tell me that you've finished those mods/episodes since then?  :huh:

As I said, I didnīt.

I think the first level is definitely most like classic Duke levels, so for the ...

We must be talking about different levels. The level I mean is the first, just after the cutscene intro you begin in a sort of AMC headquarter, where each character seems to have his own room and there are some training areas and such. By no means Iīm saying it is bad but the following levels are kind of superb.

Did you suffer some head trauma recently?

Iīve been dealing with a lot of difficult stuff in my life recenlty so sorry if I sound cyclothymic most of the time. :S

If I made that suggestion about someone's map over at Duke4.net, you would give me 1000 downvotes for it

This is not Duke4.net where everybody seems to be walking with a stick in the ass because of those rep points. But yeah thereīs a difference though between an usermap and this very mod where almost every posible feature has been introduced, like inventories, weapon upgrades, researching, computer access and a long etc. I know it sounds wacky what I proposed, but being optional and mixed between all this stuff, i dare to say it would not hurt anyone. You know, Iīm saying just because I canīt handle this mod, which is a shame.

Navigation arrows would drive me insane trying to implement; there is markers on the map that shows where keycard locks and stuff are though which is a great help I've found (and it works on usermaps as well)

Yeah I imagine how difficult it would be. Didnīt know about those markers. Pretty much like the DP locks being visible from the top view i guess. Thatīs a very helpful feature.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »
I don't know if anyone has found this on duke4, since I don't read those forums, but...

Video!

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »
Nice, I think we need to fix the whole "rolling through doors" bug :D
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 09:16:12 AM »
Oh, so you guys knew about it already? Damn! I thought I found something.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 09:21:07 AM »
Oh no I didn't, just saying it needs to be fixed :p
"heh, a sidenote, Iīd not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply wonīt work." - Gambini

Last.fm

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
....well fuck, that's a pretty severe bug I never thought of trying. Thanks for showing it to us (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
I was considering making an entire speedrun first but I didn't have the patience for it.

By the way, the wiki's link to 1.07 actually goes to 1.05.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:44:39 PM by Somagu »

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:19 PM »
I always assumed that the rolling worked by setting the player's posxv/posyv and rotscrnang.  I don't understand why that would cause him to go under doors.  Now I'm worried about similar things in my own mods.

James, maybe you could post the rolling code?
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 12:06:08 AM »
I couldn't speak for the code, but the reason it does it, as far as I can tell, is when you initially press the button to roll, it jams you to the side just a little bit before you actually roll, and while you're being moved, you seem to have 0 height, for some reason, which lets you squeeze underneath anything level to you or lower than you.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 01:28:27 AM »
I couldn't replicate it on my side without dying, since as soon as I reach the door sector I get squished flat - are you using the latest Eduke snapshot? I did exactly the same thing you did, run up to the door as Merlijn, crouch and then roll sideways and no dice.

Dan, I'm using the posx/y stuff that I think you coded for me ages ago:
Code: [Select]
ifvarg knockback 0
{
subvar knockback 1
cos xvel knockbackang
     sin yvel knockbackang
     mulvar xvel 352
     mulvar yvel 352
setplayer[THISACTOR].poszv -1536
setplayer[THISACTOR].posxv xvel
setplayer[THISACTOR].posyv yvel