Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 25, 2019, 08:11:56 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!  (Read 48577 times)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
Re: AMC TC is released, Merry Christmas!
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 02:22:08 AM »
Tapping it once usually won't do. Tapping it repeatedly typically gets the best results.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:29:27 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 02:30:40 AM »
I can recreate it if I keep doing it but it always squashes me flat underneath the door...not sure why it didn't hurt you in the vid since god mode isn't on or anything. I'll keep an eye on this anyway, see if I can get it to work without killing me on other stuff :)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 02:43:50 AM »
Another horrible video.

To clarify, the slide kick is only to allow me to stay in place. If I don't do that, I'd have to be strafing the whole time.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:51:58 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012, 04:07:17 AM »
Think I've fixed it now, it was more an oversight that kept setting the roll state if you held the sprint key down. I never intended it to work that way anyway, it was supposed to make you roll if you just tapped sprint and the strafe key. This did lead to rolling when sprinting originally when you didn't want to, but I disabled being able to strafe whilst sprinting along time ago so it wouldn't be an issue now anyway.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012, 05:41:34 AM »
I couldn't replicate it on my side without dying, since as soon as I reach the door sector I get squished flat - are you using the latest Eduke snapshot? I did exactly the same thing you did, run up to the door as Merlijn, crouch and then roll sideways and no dice.

Dan, I'm using the posx/y stuff that I think you coded for me ages ago:
Code: [Select]
ifvarg knockback 0
{
subvar knockback 1
cos xvel knockbackang
     sin yvel knockbackang
     mulvar xvel 352
     mulvar yvel 352
setplayer[THISACTOR].poszv -1536
setplayer[THISACTOR].posxv xvel
setplayer[THISACTOR].posyv yvel
}

It should not squish you either, so it's a bug any way you slice it.  It's strange.  The effect of setting the player's velocities should be no different from running into the door.

As an attempt at a quick fix, you could add this line to beginning of the knockback code:

Code: [Select]
ifgapzl 24 { setvar knockback 0 break }
I think you can see what that will do.  It won't stop the squishing but I doubt the player would make it all the way through, unless the door was very thin.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:45:26 AM by Trooper Dan »
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
Yeah that should do the trick, I'll add it in - thanks (y)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2012, 12:12:56 AM »
Just have the urge of keep mentioning that my offspring is still working on a shitload of maps for this TC. Last thing I saw was a map they named Hell in which you face about a thousand zombies with only a broom and a spaceship.  ^_^

They also call me to show me some highlights of the original mod, which they´re playing. I dont want to sound repetitive, but some awesome stuff has been put here.

I will, no doubt, resume my playthrough as soon as i can. But there´s something that bugs me: Do I have to play the mod with all the characters separately in order to play all the levels?

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2012, 12:38:50 AM »
Do I have to play the mod with all the characters separately in order to play all the levels?

No. The character is forced on you after Abyss anyway.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
Hey Gambini, any word on those levels your kids were making? I'd really like to see them/try them out :)

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »
Nice you asking  -_-

My older son has done a shitload of maps as much for amc as for vanilla duke, his brother though is more on standard duke lol  ^_^

We have not put our computers together in some time, so i can´t send you those maps yet. But yeah, apart from being their "bedside game", The older has done some decent maps for it. One thing he has been very interested for more than a week is in using your cutscene effectors. He raped your introduction by replacing Zaxtor with him, with a fly to argentina included and his silhouette among the rest of the team in that horizon image. He also replaced Duke´s statue by something he calls "me" and put "gambini" in the pedestal. Also, he replaced his wallpaper by something he made, the logo of his mod which is called "The AMC Pablo"  ^_^ I told him it should be the Pablo TC, but he doesn´t care.

I could write a lot about this because he´s the kind of kid that doesn´t shut up even when asleep. He has been burning my head with his plot ideas about rescuing Mikko Sandt lol in a mission he plans to do, where you have to use Merljin.

Apart from their projects, they really love to play this TC because it offers all features the modern games they see in my computer feature. They got most achievements and I think they even finished it (with some console help).

Note, he just realized i´m talking about this and tells me he´s in the ganimede level without cheats. Apart from this I plan to give it another go, they really convinced me to play it again. it´s just that my mod has been taking all my computer time in all these months. I even have about 5 new games on steam which I don´t play yet because i want my fucking mod done for once.

Don´t worry, as soon as i get his maps they will be uploaded here  -_-

One of these days I will leave modding for them...

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
I'd certainly like to see some custom AMCTC maps! :D

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 02:08:22 PM »
lol, poor zaxtor :D That all sounds amazing though, I'm glad your kids are really enjoying the TC - and I'm really looking forward to checking out their work (y)

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 04:47:33 AM »
I want my son to be like Gambini's. Otherwise I will kick him out of the house.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
I threw this together for a friend just now.

It's an episode file with the original 4 duke episodes in place of the blanks for future AMC eps, if anyone wants to play through Duke3D without being forced to do it through usermaps. Obviously duke3d.grp is required for this.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
Yeah it would be pretty sweet if the AMC TC was compatible with the original Duke 3D atomic as a nice bonus to Duke fans.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top