Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 20, 2019, 04:49:35 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Some questions, and a few bugs.  (Read 17423 times)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
Some questions, and a few bugs.
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »
First off, I'd like to say that since the first trailer came out I haven't been able to contain my excitement for the mod, and now that it's out I'm thrilled to be able to play it.

OK so my questions right now primarily regard the survival mode, namely the Urban Dead map, and balance.

1. Can friendly NPCs die in survival mode? Are they targeted by the enemy at all?
2. Is this the intended way of applying antidotes?
3. Is the crossbow supposed to pierce through over 5 targets with one shot?
4. Is the only way above most of the walls and onto buildings to climb on top of zombies/other players, or is there something I missed?
5. Is it intentional that slide tackles don't cost any stamina? Or is it just too finicky to get proper behavior without trusting the player not to abuse it?
6. How do I lower the last section of wall in the Urban Dead map?
7. Is multiplayer supposed to work yet?

Here's a neat little exploit.

Here's... I don't know what the hell this is.

Also as an aside, I think Geoffrey has the best mic of all of you. The lack of pop filters for most of you guys drives me nuts.

[edit] Actually I take that back, the pops aren't as bad as I initially thought. [/edit]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:46:41 PM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some questions, and a few bugs.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
Those are some interesting bugs! It's worth noting that the map's designed for multiplayer, which is pretty much broken from what I understand for the time being :(

1. No - although certain enemies have coding to attack NPCs, the Zombie's don't as the code for finding targets is pretty CPU invensive. When there's hundreds of zombies around, this will be a problem.
2. No - the intention is for a player to pick them up and move them onto another person to heal them. If/when Multiplayer is fixed I'll change the way syringes work so they're a 'temp weapon' :)
3. Yeah - you got really lucky :D I thought about changing it but it's more fun this way. That and the crossbow doesn't feature very often in SP anyway, but I might change this at some point. Maybe an alternate crossbow ammo type.
4. Indeed, there's a few areas for the climbers!
5. I've never thought about it, but it should cost stamina you're right!
6. You mean on the very outside of the map? You don't, that's where the map ends. I could of kept building but the last area itself was supposed to be just scenary and instead ended up being part of gameplay itself.
7. It DID work - although sync errors were common. Then TerminX began re-writing it to be more modern and not have to worry about sync errors at all. This would be fantastic, but unfortunately that was over a year ago and now he has family I doubt he has the spare time to work on it again. A shame, but understandable!

That exploit is funny, I need to fix it but it's not a huge priority since MP isn't working yet. And that last glitch IS very weird, never seen it before - did you pick up a gun whilst performing an uppercut? That seems a likely scenario.

Yeah popping is something that hits all of us, although I'm learning of good ways to avoid it. Sometimes my mic picks up pops, sometimes it doesn't.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions.

Regarding the last glitch, I have no idea. I didn't even know you COULD uppercut!

Also, do you have any idea if there's some legacy version I could try using that might still work? I'd really like to try playing this in multiplayer! For the past few days, I've been trying various methods and versions in MP and the closest we've got is pseudo-synced DM.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:12:35 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 02:31:54 AM »
Sadly not, since AMC TC uses alot of new features and stuff of the newer versions :( It's a big shame since most of the team spent the summer of 2010 playing AMC TC co-op pretty much almost every day. We had a huge blast and it was fucking awesome fun. I really really do hope the multi is fixed one day.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »
I see. Well, whenever multiplayer DOES start working, you should note that Phlegethon and Epion is invaded both seem to be broken. I can't get more than the very first wave to spawn.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:20:22 AM »
There's only one wave; since multi was broken I didn't get round to finishing off the gameplay (Geoffrey built Phlegethon and was in the process of revamping it's gameplay but didn't have the time to finish it - I added that first wave)

I'll work on multiplayer stuff if/when it gets fixed, but until then I left the stuff in there just for more content for people to browse (and the INV levels are fun to play through by yourself once or twice with cheats) :)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 04:48:55 AM »
Yeah, so far I've managed to "finish" urban dead and invwest without dying, but that was on normal difficulty. It's extremely fun, and I'm glad I'm able to play through whatever duke levels I want with randomized enemies and a nice big choice of weapons/characters.

Ah, I almost forgot to ask, is there some way I'm supposed to be able to take the AMC Tech weapons with me during the classic collection? Since it doesn't give me the weapon I chose in the loadout when I begin a mission, and you can't enter the research lab on those maps.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:51:16 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 05:08:29 AM »
I didn't make those maps give you the loadout; I didn't want to completely change the balance of those maps since they're already all over the place as it is - you CAN take a weapon out of the armoury with you each time you go back to the mission select though :)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 05:12:21 AM »
Right, I'm aware of that, but you can't seem to get the MIA Gun or flamethrower, or anything. That's intentional, then?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
No, that's not intentional - an oversight of mine. I'll fix that, thanks (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 01:09:08 AM »
I'm not sure if you've been made aware of this yet, but with the exosuit, if you hold back you can just continually fire the beam and it annihilates anything you shoot it at. I didn't happen to have fraps on at the time, but I was recording on livestream. If you skip to 19 minutes, you can see it. The rest of the video is just me trying megabase for the second time. (The first try as Sang ended... poorly.)

Also, I notice most (all?) characters are unable to pick up cars, but if you try the same thing with Jane... she just gets squashed. Overestimating her own strength? :P

Zaxtor's ammo counter doesn't show flechette rounds.

It doesn't seem like Mikko's shotgun reload speed is affected by the belt. Maybe it's just me?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:31:32 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »
Yeah, need to fix that bug about the exosuit!

About the cars; if you're playing as James, Merlijn or Mikko you can pick up and throw cars if you're using their speed item (James' Mj12 injection, Merlijn's power bracelet's, Mikko's battery thingy)
Zaxtor's ammo counter doesn't show flechette rounds.
Cool I'll fix it!
It doesn't seem like Mikko's shotgun reload speed is affected by the belt. Maybe it's just me?
It's not - I did add an extra bit of description to the belt for the next version to explain this to players (You can right-click on an item in the loadout screen to get info)

I'll watch your livestream asap (y)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
Heh, that was an interesting way to get onto the roof of the medlab :D You can also jump on the crane next to the main control room and jump across that way. I'll have to add a little something to that bit you used since it seems the right place for a secret.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 09:42:26 PM »
Oops, I forgot to add that that was the second try of megabase on expert, not my second try total. That recording was also supposed to have sound but apparently I still had livestream reconfigured for something else. I'll probably record more on expert at some point. Thanks for showing interest! :)

I'm glad to be able to help with bugs and quirks as I can, but I always feel like I'm being a nuisance when I complain so much, heheh.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
No no, fixing them's a pain but the more bug fixes the better (y) There was still alot of unpolished stuff in the release that I'm hoping to fine tune.

How are you finding expert? Challenging enough? If I did try and make it more difficult, would you think more enemies would be better or stronger variants of enemies with different attacks and stuff?

It's also worth noting that you can lean in the TC to see around corners, but not to shoot. If you hold use whilst standing still then press turn left or right you can peak around corners and stuff.
Pages: [1] 2

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top