Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 25, 2019, 08:11:11 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: AMC TC bugs  (Read 89071 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMC TC bugs
« on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:20 PM »
As the topic says - I'd appreciate if anybody who noticed bugs wherether they be level, code or whatever, post them here :)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
Re: AMC TC bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:28 AM »
Ah, here's some I forgot about until just now that I'm sure you probably know about.

James' attached shotgun to the M4 won't fire if it's reloaded, but you have no spare shells. I realize this is just a quirk of multiple weapons using the same ammo, though.

Numerous mirrors don't actually show any reflections. e.g. in the bathroom on the lower levels of megabase, and I believe even the ones in AMC base. But the ones in the classic maps work? Odd.

A rather irritating bug has hit me a few times in Abyss. In that area with the checkerboarded platforms that you have to climb up, with one on either side, if you run back off of the platforms instead of jumping off of them, sometimes you'll just gib.

Very small aesthetic issue. In the AMC Team silhouette background, Geoffrey's sprite isn't the modified Front soldier, or at least he's not taking the same stance. It looks like maybe the pre-fire sprite, instead of the idle sprite? Like I said, very small issue.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:43:30 AM by Somagu »

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:34:57 AM »
Another aesthetic issue that has bugged me, one of the textures flashes what appears to be a few dents in it during the frame cycle. It's one of the fancy computer techy sprites, you can find it in the research area in the AMC base.

Is there any way you're supposed to be able to move while having the PDA scanner out? I noticed that you can strafe and turn.

You can side roll with no stamina, which puts you into negative stamina, but is still significantly faster than walking with none.

Some
More
neat
videos.

I know double posting is wrong but no one posts here except me, so...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:51:48 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:04:35 AM »
I missed these posts, sorry! All of those videos are due to the rolling bug, which I fixed thanks to your post in the other thread (y) Turning with the PDU scanner is intended, but strafing is not - I'll fix that as well. I'll take a look at the other stuff you mentioned as well.

EDIT:
Another aesthetic issue that has bugged me, one of the textures flashes what appears to be a few dents in it during the frame cycle. It's one of the fancy computer techy sprites, you can find it in the research area in the AMC base.
Just saw this now...how the hell did I not notice this? I'm normally pretty good at picking out flaws in my levels and stuff but that's actually a pretty ugly thing that I never noticed until now :o I'll fix it now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:12:52 AM by James »

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:27 AM »
Here's an odd one. While braving the streets of invurb as Merlijn, before too long I started noticing that sometimes when I'd use his extremely powerful shuriken traps, tripmines would appear in the sky! I wasn't able to find out whether they'd appear directly above where they went off, but there's very clearly no "wall" up there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:24:58 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Hahah, that's a very...interesting bug! I'll take a look at the code, modifying the Tripbomb weapon is difficult since it still has a lot of hardcoded things to it but I did manage to do it for most characters. I never would of noticed half of these bugs so thanks for the continuing reports (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »
As Sang, switching from any weapon with a magazine onto the lightning spell doesn't clear the ammo count for the magazine of the gun from the HUD.

Firing an alternate ammo type with the sawnoff and then switching back to the regular ammo will give you some regular shells for the special ammo you fired.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
Insert Quote
As Sang, switching from any weapon with a magazine onto the lightning spell doesn't clear the ammo count for the magazine of the gun from the HUD.
Fixed (y)
Firing an alternate ammo type with the sawnoff and then switching back to the regular ammo will give you some regular shells for the special ammo you fired.
Do you mean when you fire the last 2 of a special ammo type, normal shells fly out of the shotgun instead of the 'special' ones? If so, just fixed that!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:58:02 PM by James »

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
No, actually, but if you just fixed something else, that's good.

Here's a video.

Another fairly harmless bug that I just found. While the PDU is up, if you switch to an empty weapon, the graphics will be of that weapon when you exit the PDU, but the secondary fire will instead be that of the gun you switched from. It still uses the correct ammo, though.

Video.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:53:31 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 04:24:34 AM »
Hmm, I can fix the first one easily enough by not allowing ammo switching whilst firing a gun (which makes sense anyway) The second one I think is some hardcoded uglyness, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll look for a solution.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 05:06:13 AM »
Timing isn't an issue, you'll get back as many shells as you fired, whether you switch weapons during firing/reloading/etc or after, regardless of how many shells you fire. If I fired all 10 shells explosive shells one after another without switching ammo types or weapons, I'd still have got 10 more shells in addition to the 20 you start with..
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:41:34 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 06:55:03 AM »
Oh shit, now I get you. I tested it myself but I was using the alt-fire attack - using the single barrel attack does give back ammo. That's a pretty nasty bug. I'll get right on it (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 01:39:18 AM »
Vehicles can be turned at over twice regular speed by holding turn as well as strafe.

There's a safe in the Googolplex map that plays James' voice clip "I'll take it!" when it opens and closes.

The hoverboat can shoot itself with the main gun at max speed.

Many triggers, e.g. ones that start cutscenes, can be jumped over if you know where they are.

Swiping your knife while preparing to throw certain thrown weapons, for example, James' bundles of proximity detonated dynamite, will give an amusing visual effect.

Similarly to the above, Merlijn can swipe his knife during any of his attack animations, including while having his bow drawn back.

On a more serious note, this can be used to fire rockets for free as Highwire, or, more notably, allows for infinite summons, heart traps, and partial firing his slot 0 staff.

Video here
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:22:04 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »
Fixed the knife bugs - by the cutscene triggers being skipped I assume you mean a few in Millhaven? There's not much I can do about that since the alternative is to block off alot of map area - the ones that can be skipped are 'only' mood setting ones though so it's not a huge issue for now.

The hoverboats weapons need changing anyway, but the turning at 2x speed should be easy enough to fix, I'll take a look. Thanks (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 05:18:41 AM »
Null characters still selectable.

Tapping melee rapidly while "sprinting" across water slows stamina usage a bit, letting you go further.

You can still roll through very thin doors or sprites. (Tested in Mikko/Geoffrey hacking areas)

MP40 and M16 still missing from physical armory in AMC Base Part 1.

Slide kicking underneath the big light/television/ticker thing in the AMC Base underground makes glass break, but doesn't actually break the TVs above.

You can still summon free heart trap things by switching to another weapon immediately after placing one.

You can still wallkick off of nothing.

While not exploitable that I've found so far, you can still interrupt a slide kick with a roll.

Door switch on opposite side of gate in Megabase is a bit misaligned.

New lizard variant cannot fire with vertical variation. Crouching beats them neatly. On a related note, the same tactic works against the new pigcop variant. They will most often shoot the ground in front of them if you're crouching. They are, however, extremely frightening. Good show.

You can knife with the PDA out. This is odd, as the player holds both the knife and the PDA with his right hand.

Knifing lights up the player in the dark for some reason.

You can reload the RPK with a full magazine.

You can interrupt the reload animation of the box mag upgraded shotgun for Highwire and drop magazines everywhere. Rusty's shotgun does this too.

Holding back still allows for the exosuit to shoot a deathbeam at any range.

Not all parts of the blackness in the very first segment of the Abyss will gib you.

"we've got all the evidence" achievement isn't properly capitalized.

Rapid turning is still possible in vehicles.

Expending all ammo with the SVD while zoomed in leaves you stuck with the weapon zoomed in and unable to change weapons.

Merlijn's holy hand grenade sometimes makes a taunt noise from the site of the explosion, rather than himself.

Computer outside of the mission select area has doodads and part of a screen where a keyboard should be in all of the classic collection segments.

While going through the palace again, something seemed odd, I noticed that the door just before the bunker with the window next to it no longer had a broken switch. This had the amusing side effect of making all of the squad members that followed me into the elevator disappear during the ride down.

Finishing the final stage, shit I did:
Skipped the entire outdoor sequence
Skipped Sang's first sequence
Skipped from Sang's second sequence to the fight with the demon
Killed the demon as Sang
Reloaded a shitload and got very irritated at John's lack of capability to deal with warlocks
Died during the cutscene before the truck
Sat in the back of the truck, dead
Watched the end cutscene sideways
Got surprised by extended ending!
ENJOYED GOLDEN GUNS!

Yet

More

Sequence

Breaking

I don't see the trigger skipping as that substantial of a problem since it's basically impossible to do any of it by accident, but it's your call.

Bizarre glitch, sorry, no idea how I pulled this one off. Posting anyway since it's neat.

James Stanfield: International Man of Mystery!

Not really a bug, but pretty amusing, starting the megabase end cutscene without killing the battlelord results him waltzing around, roaring and shooting at the AMC Team while they discuss their plan of action.

Saves as of bizarre shotgun bug and dancing satyr available upon request.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:46:45 AM by Somagu »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top