Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• January 19, 2019, 01:35:59 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: AMC TC bugs  (Read 86100 times)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
Re: AMC TC bugs
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »
My friend found a few neat bugs.

I think you recently broke miniguns, because I've tested the hell out of them and never encountered these, but I can confirm that they still happen.

The bug itself has nothing to do with Rusty, and any weapon without auto-refire capability will force single shot behavior on the minigun, all mounted grenade launchers also work with that bug. I can't look into it any more right this second.

Not seen in the video but something I wasn't immediately able to replicate, I couldn't switch off of the GL after getting off of the minigun when testing this for myself until I fired it and switched fire types a few times.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:35:30 PM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »
A sideeffect of setting semi-auto on a weapon. I never fixed it since it would of taken a huge amount of work, but I'll see if I can find a better solution (that would probably involve using a different key to fire though, but I'm gonna try and avoid that)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2012, 05:29:22 AM »
If you're in the middle of loading a shell by shell shotgun (Confirmed for both Highwire's and Mikko's), and you pick one up, that shell you're putting in will put the count over the max, after which point it doesn't check the number anymore. i.e. your shotgun can be loaded with as many shells as you're carrying.
James' auto-5 avoids this problem for a reason I haven't figured out, but his regular shotgun avoids it by not putting the counter up to 12, but instead to 10.

You can get the Don't Fear the Reaper achievement while dead.

Leaving swimmable lava doesn't seem to reset color tint. Maybe only if it doesn't cause a sector change?

Green hat triads are casting off green gore chunks when you shoot them

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
Using the technique I've mentioned before, possibly in a conversation with you on steam, wherein you slide kick and crouch at the same time to get into areas you normally need to shrink into, I've discovered that, similar to how rolling used to be, it sets your height to 0. This can be used to very rarely go through doors (90% of the time I just gib), but more importantly, as mentioned, you can get into shrink-only areas and through doors like those in the hacking segments.

Related to the above bug, as soon as you enter an area too small to crouch into while doing this, you'll stop sliding and enter a state almost identical to that of the roll state bug. Glitches such as being able to drop a rocket launcher and punch rockets make a glorious return.

With extremely precise timing, you can disable triggers on weapons by timing a mighty boot the very same tick you expend some ammo. This is currently pointless, but I'm looking into it. Examples of use include "using up" Merlijn's weapons (You get another when you reselect it), and making Sang's slot 0 weapon fire 1 projectile instead of 3.

James' grenade launcher has no muzzle flash for alt fire.

The shock of firing the XM 586 alt fire is apparently enough to momentarily turn off the scope's display and make James lose hold of it for a frame.

Enemies (Namely pigcops) light up in the dark when they "shoot" shell casings.

In an incredibly impressive and acrobatic maneuver, you can slide kick while flipping backwards, depending on your timing this will take you forwards or really far backwards at the cost of most of your stamina.
You can also do other special kicks during the back dodge but the results are not nearly as interesting. I don't consider this necessary to fix cause I think it's neat. Your call.

Unconfirmed:
I think you can kill yourself with dragonslayer by jamming yourself against walls and slicing randomly. I'll need to look into it more.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:50:57 PM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:43 AM »
Some nice finds, I'll see what I can do about them (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
I finally got around to looking into it.

Grenade launchers are never, ever disabled from firing.
While in the upgrades menu
While speaking to someone
While carrying something
While kicking
While driving a vehicle

You can switch off of the grenade launcher immediately after firing and it will reload while you do whatever the hell you want. Switching back during the reload will preserve the correct frames, waiting until it's done gives you a hands free grenade launcher reload.

Night vision tint doesn't go back to normal if slow motion is triggered.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:30:05 PM by Somagu »

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:44 AM »
PDA is disabled until you start a new game if you are ambushed with it up.

PDA stays up if you get a net thrown at you.

By the same candle of Geoffrey being locked in place while throwing his proximity charge, James immediately eats the ammunition for his dynamite, so if you switch away to cancel the throw, the dynamite is still gone.

Zombies don't go towards kills for the sake of stats or achievements.

If you die while infected for any reason except the infection, you will respawn still infected.

Though you can't mash out of it, for a brief moment, a second set of the player's hands appear grasping the shotgun while they are trapped in a net before the cultist very quickly turns it on you and shoots.

You can rescue non-trapped babes by crouching and using. Probably not a bug, but you shouldn't be able to rescue them from the credits stage! Probably not worth fixing.

You can have Jane follow you in the credits. Possibly intended?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
Zombies don't go towards kills for the sake of stats or achievements.
Intentional, since you can kill thousands per play of INVURB and I thought that would just make people grind that map over and over.
If you die while infected for any reason except the infection, you will respawn still infected.
Also intentional, considering how easy it is to suicide even without a kill console command I decided it would be better to make it ONLY curable with a syringe (although with MP being broke that stuff needs changing, it will be once MP is fixed of course)
You can rescue non-trapped babes by crouching and using. Probably not a bug, but you shouldn't be able to rescue them from the credits stage! Probably not worth fixing.
Yeah it's not a bug, it was more a tiny irrelevant feature I added for playing usermaps so you can still use/tip them but you can also get rid of them so they won't get killed by explosions or whatever.
You can have Jane follow you in the credits. Possibly intended?
Yeah it's just Jane's normal sprite in that sequence, I didn't make a new one since I thought it was a bit pointless :)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2012, 12:50:28 AM »
Ahh! Ok. That all makes a lot of sense. Good thinking.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
Just taking a crack at fixing what ones I could of of these.
Using the technique I've mentioned before, possibly in a conversation with you on steam, wherein you slide kick and crouch at the same time to get into areas you normally need to shrink into, I've discovered that, similar to how rolling used to be, it sets your height to 0. This can be used to very rarely go through doors (90% of the time I just gib), but more importantly, as mentioned, you can get into shrink-only areas and through doors like those in the hacking segments.
Unfortunately I can't fix this, originally you had to press crouch whilst sliding but I removed it by request - If I remove the height reduction than you can no longer slide under gaps you should be able to.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
Right. Unfortunate, but it comes up very rarely. You can "legitimately" get into those areas anyway, this is just a lot easier. It causes no problems in the actual levels included with the mod, so it's not a big deal.

Glad to see you're still finding time to crack at bugs. :)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2012, 04:02:37 AM »
Heh, I decided to quit Minecraft cold turkey :P I figured doing it when there was a new version out and most of the mods I used were outdated was as good a time as any. I'm thinking of doing some more bug fixing (including widescreen errors that have cropped up now that classic mode has proper widescreen support) and then releasing a final version of Episode 1 with the new mission screen and maybe some little bonus things for future development (Although I will say that Episode 2 won't be for a long long time, although you probably already knew that heh)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2013, 05:13:57 PM »
I finally got around to looking into it.

Grenade launchers are never, ever disabled from firing.
While in the upgrades menu
While speaking to someone
While carrying something
While kicking
While driving a vehicle

You can switch off of the grenade launcher immediately after firing and it will reload while you do whatever the hell you want. Switching back during the reload will preserve the correct frames, waiting until it's done gives you a hands free grenade launcher reload.

This necessitates a little bit of repeating, since I think you missed it. The grenade launcher can almost ALWAYS be fired!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »
Yeah I just fixed the computer part, working on the rest.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2013, 05:44:52 PM »
OK, thanks!

Just for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top