Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 25, 2019, 08:39:50 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Suggestions for Episode 2?  (Read 19676 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Suggestions for Episode 2?
« on: May 04, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »
Ok, let's hear them - the first part of the episode is set in China; I'm already planning several melee upgrades and stuff as well as a new base section for these things.

I'm also thinking of some bigger gameplay changes about building up the AMC Squad 'army' similar to MGS:PW and a bit like Mass Effect 3's system (but muh better) I'm hoping the other guys will have more time soon to help with building again.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Episode 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »
I just graduated last week (I'm still waiting for the papers though) so I'll be able to get a better idea of my future role in the team in a few months' time. I see absolutely no reason why I wouldn't be able to contribute, but I don't want to make commitments during transition periods such as this.

As I've said before, I've got some competing ideas for my next map so we'll see how these things shape up. Are you planning the China part to be kinda like the first three maps (Megabase, Dis Base, Abyss) of the first episode?
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:10:06 PM »
Hmmm, Peace Walker you say!

One important thing I think should be added is, as you had mentioned before, having the 8 characters have "proficiencies" in other inventory items, like James' scuba gear (and injection!)

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
As I've said before, I've got some competing ideas for my next map so we'll see how these things shape up. Are you planning the China part to be kinda like the first three maps (Megabase, Dis Base, Abyss) of the first episode?
Yeah - although Highwire gave me an Episode 3 inspired City map that could be used as a first level as well. I did have a few ideas for more of your story, as well as a 'villain' character (and some new MS-Corp Inventions) but we can discuss that later.

Nothing is set in stone though, although people enjoyed the ability to pick a character so it would be nice to carry on that idea for the first few levels of E2.
One important thing I think should be added is, as you had mentioned before, having the 8 characters have "proficiencies" in other inventory items, like James' scuba gear (and injection!)
Yeah, one of the big mistakes was not using different character's abilities much in the first 3 levels. You had 1 or 2 unique things and then that was it.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »
I'd love for there to be a map in the main episode of either the expanded AMC base, or one of the cities that you can see from the base, and you're in a meeting or something, and then the base/city starts getting invaded. It'll have that whole emergency/enemy on the doorstep feeling.

Also, you mentioned having some small connection between WGRealms 2 and the AMC TC, what if there was some mysterious guy in a suit who pops up every now and then called Axon, perhaps not unlike G-man in half life.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
I'd love for there to be a map in the main episode of either the expanded AMC base, or one of the cities that you can see from the base, and you're in a meeting or something, and then the base/city starts getting invaded. It'll have that whole emergency/enemy on the doorstep feeling.
I like that idea quite a lot actually (y) Like I said there's probably going to be another Duke enemy map which this would probably fit in quite well.
Also, you mentioned having some small connection between WGRealms 2 and the AMC TC, what if there was some mysterious guy in a suit who pops up every now and then called Axon, perhaps not unlike G-man in half life.
Hmm, I think axon would probably stick to his own dimension and maybe help the oostrums out every now and then.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 01:48:10 AM »
Maybe have Jedrik Demonhorn as an NPC helper for one of the levels where you get sucked into another dimension?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »
Me and MickyC have actually been discussing Jedrik, and have come up with a few interesting ideas (that are pretty predictable, but a nice way to reference another more modern TC)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
Ok, forget Axon, but some kind of Gman-ish type character could be sweet if you think it'll suit the TC.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »
Well there are a bunch of villains already around so maybe one of them could fit the role (If you haven't already, give beating the game on Professional a try as it unlocks an extended ending sequence :wacko: )

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
I plan to do that after I finish on expert and unlock the gold weapons. I haven't updated to 1.2 or whatever the latest is because I wanted to finish my current game without having to restart. That extended ending better be worth it!
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 05:30:54 PM »
It's not long, only about 10-15 seconds, so if you're not actually enjoying going through professional than don't do it :) It DOES unlock it for good though, so once you do manage to beat it on that than you don't need to do it again and the ending will be there even on easy mode. It also does a call back to IW, so you'll probably want to see it for that reason as well.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62N1xLVq8iA

A video of the very early WIP command center. Enjoy, and suggestions are welcome (y)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:50 AM »
City Under siege? Is this perhaps one of the levels planned for episode 2?  :wacko:

OMG I just finished the game on professional! The extended bit of the ending got me really excited and I can't wait for episode 2!!!

Although I was unable to get the boulders to roll which made things more difficult. The knife attack took over the kick attack when as long as there was stamina but I managed to get several kicks in and nothing happened.

Spoliers:

I thought I killed Magnus in IW? Although he did have a bandage around his eye, in which case you're a lousy shot James  :wub: So the only difference shooting him in IW makes is the bandage?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:41:03 AM by micky c »
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 09:02:07 PM »
City Under siege? Is this perhaps one of the levels planned for episode 2?
Yes, and good progress has been made on it all ready (y) The base of it was a map sent to me by Highwire.
OMG I just finished the game on professional! The extended bit of the ending got me really excited and I can't wait for episode 2!!!
Cool, glad you liked it (y)
Although I was unable to get the boulders to roll which made things more difficult. The knife attack took over the kick attack when as long as there was stamina but I managed to get several kicks in and nothing happened.
There are different melee moves you can do with the kick - if you press back + melee you'll do a spinning kick and jumping + kicking does a crescent kick.
I thought I killed Magnus in IW? Although he did have a bandage around his eye, in which case you're a lousy shot James  :wub: So the only difference shooting him in IW makes is the bandage?
There will be different consequences for either shooting him or not shooting him (The same as for saving Lilith and Matvei in Episode 1)
Pages: [1] 2

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top