Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• January 17, 2019, 02:18:49 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suggestions for Episode 2?  (Read 18914 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Suggestions for Episode 2?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »
I was wondering, those sideways rolls are pretty cool, and the time slowdowns are also pretty cool. Would it be possible to combine them and have Max Payne style bullet time rolls where time slows down as your view rotates allowing you to shoot enemies with pinpoint accuracy? Maybe as a recharging meter, or a special object? I'm aware you wouldn't want it to be too much of a focus or it'll shift the gameplay style.

There will be different consequences for either shooting him or not shooting him (The same as for saving Lilith and Matvei in Episode 1)

My personal theory is that Lilith really hasn't changed teams, and that she's still evil and become a mole in the EAF or whatever, which is why there's no La Lilith. But we'll have to wait and see  ^_^
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »
Actually I've been thinking of things like that slo-mo dodge, but I'd have to have a decent way of integrating it in without it being tacked on badly.

As for Lilith, that's an interesting idea! However James' thory ingame was corect - whatever that creature was (bearing in mind it wasn't from the Abyss realm and it wasn't considered as Supernatural since all attacks damaged it) it did indeed take all of the negative 'mana' from Lilith  meaning there was no evil version of her created. However this can be see not as a completely good thing - if there's a version of you running around made of evil magic than if you need a power boost in the future there may be a way they can be of use...

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
The only way I could see it being used was as some kind of (possibly researchable) inventory item where if you activate it, you have a set time (maybe 40 seconds), in which you can do as many slo-mo rolls as you want, just enough time for one good fight. But then map placement of the item needs to be taken into account.. :/
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »
I was thinking of having a hidden adrenaline meter that builds up whenever you get a slo-mo kill or whatever - when this is full you get a prompt during certain actions like sliding or whatever where you can activate it (You can also shoot whilst sliding - little use when in real time, but when slo-mo is active is really bad-ass as well) (y)

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »
I'm not really sure where it could fit into the scheme of things but I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter and I think a Gunlance might work well for Merlijn.

I dunno what slot it would go into, though. Maybe 9 since the dragon slayer is fairly equivalent to another Monster Hunter weapon, and as a lance it would do piercing (armor piercing!) damage. As for the gun function, it's not really so much of a gun as much as a big short range blast. The Wyvern's Fire is a fairly sizable explosion that requires a fairly long cooldown before it can be used again.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
That's a neat idea actually - I know of some decent sprites I can use for it as well (y)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »
If many of the episode 1 mappers aren't coming back, would it be feasible to make one of the AMC squad members turn into a bad guy (or was a bad guy all along?) There could be a cool chase sequence where you need to follow him through a level, and in each section he stands out of reach watching you, then when you get near him he runs ahead off into the next section. I imagine it would be a lot easier with the new pathfinding system you're working on. Of course it'd probably have to be run past the mapper belonging to the character if it goes ahead.
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »
I think there's enough badguys for now; I can't really think of any of them that would fit without it feeling unnatural. I like the idea though :) (Although I hate scripted chase sequences, if I ever did it I would let the player catch the other person if they're good enough)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »
You're obviously aware of the splitscreen mod over at duke4.net. It should be pretty complete when it gets things like support for two mice. Would multiplayer modes such as co-op in the AMC TC support such a mod?
Herbs? Tell me more!

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »
The control scheme is a huge problem that I see there, but aside from that, I'm fairly skeptical of the issues, as it seems known bugs are a bit sketchy regarding triggers and stuff like that. I couldn't say without any knowledge of how it actually works though. I'd like to see what James has to say about this.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:50:02 AM by Somagu »

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »
There's way too many keys in the AMC TC for starters (and you can't define new ones, just replace old ones) plus a metric ton of other stuff that would make it pretty much impossible I'm afraid.

Apiai

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
Hello all,

here's a little idea :

what i like to do before pressing end map button is exploding all ennemy dead bodies with rocket/rpg/pipebomb.
I'm playing with dukeplus and i like to see blood effect  :wacko:

Before entering any base/city, there could be a guard telling you that all the dead bodies are infected by virus or disease, he can't let you in unless you explode all of them. Some idea you could add :

- the guard could give you rocket/rpg/pipebomb ammos any time you want

- the guard could give you a special weapon to burn or disintegrate the body with a new effect (body turn in to ash, body liquefied), then the ash or liquid is filling a transparent part of the weapon, and you have to put it in a scientist machine which analyse the ash/liquid to be sure you have destroy the virus/disease.

- the ennemy could be only infected in some part of the body, in the head for exemple, and the guard is giving you a weapon that can cut the head, reducing it like the shrinker effect, and you smash it with feet or the weapon is stocking the small heads in a transparent part of the weapon, after you have to fill the scientist machine with heads in order to disintegrate them with a nice sound (ennemies screams in a shrill tune)

- could have a radar that detects dead bodies in order to find them more easily

Of course the mapper must be sure that in the area before the city, no bodies can be in a unreachable area.

Somagu

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 06:37:30 PM »
That sounds incredibly tedious and I do not think I would enjoy playing that level. Kind of neat idea I guess.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »
I like the idea of a weapon you can fill up when you kill an enemy with it, and then using that to research something - I'll see if a map could use something like that as development goes on. However the other ideas seem down more to your taste than a general idea :)
Pages: 1 [2]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top