Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• August 19, 2019, 08:28:17 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spritework demo SpeedMapping for Eduke32 by DavoX  (Read 34430 times)

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Spritework demo SpeedMapping for Eduke32 by DavoX
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X0fnXq_bf8&feature=youtu.be

Speedmapping for DukeNukem 3D.

This time I bring you this Spritework Demonstration, It's more or less 30 or 40 minutes compressed into 3 minutes and a half.

The video isn't meant to cover "how to's" or anything like that, just a little section from a map I'm working on. It's definitely not the best that can be done with the engine. With planning, a much better structure can be made. This time I made up the structure as I went along without any plans at all, just what came to my mind at the time.

Make sure you visit Cursed Lemon's channel and subscribe to him as he makes awesome music!

The music for this video:

Cursed Lemon - Killer Instinct Full Bore Cover

I hope you all liked it!

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spritework demo SpeedMapping for Eduke32 by DavoX
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:57:37 AM »
Pretty Cool!

I really love how that bridge turned out to be. About the process of creating it.. it´s something we´ve been doing for years and years. So it may be more interesting for those that are learning or want to learn Build  -_-

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »
I think it's a little bit easier having the orthogonal "side view" mode since it allows you to select and move sprites which are in the same 2D location, but directly above each other.

Is the video actually useful for learning though? For me anyway it went at a lightning pace (lots of quick flicking between 3D mode and 2D mode), and if I wasn't already a mildly experienced mapper I don't think I'd have a clue what's going on  :huh:
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:43:02 PM »
Is the video actually useful for learning though?

The video isn't meant to cover "how to's" or anything like that, just a little section from a map I'm working on.

"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
What's that 2d side view you're talking about? :p

Thanks guys!

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
What's that 2d side view you're talking about? :p

You're kidding right???

If you press F3 in 2D mode, it gives you an orthographic view of your map which is a pseudo 3D view showing the floors and sprites of your map in their relative z axis positions.

The map grid can be rotated, and the vertical angle can be changed as well, allowing a huge range of views from different perspectives. You can do pretty much everything you can do in normal 2D mode except draw walls.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

DavoX

• Paradise worlds mod
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
I knew about that view but it thought it could be an exact side view like the hammer editor.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »
It can be an exact side view if you change the angle. Of course mapster32 is the only editor I've ever used so I can't claim much knowledge about other editors.

I do know that it has several views on the same screen, and my dream is that master will one day split the window into 4 windows. One with 3D view. One with regular 2D view, and another with the orthogonal view. It could potentially make mapping a lot faster since you don't have to flip between the 2, which can be time consuming depending on what you're working on.
Herbs? Tell me more!

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top