Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 20, 2019, 05:23:19 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AMC TC episode 2 released  (Read 18422 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMC TC episode 2 released
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:36:10 AM »
Check out the download and more discussion here:

www.moddb.com/games/the-amc-tc
forums.duke4.net/topic/7990-amc-tc-episode-2-release/

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: AMC TC episode 2 released
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:22:17 AM »
Finally!!

Gonna check it out today if i get it downloaded.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »
I gave 2nd episode a try. Watched all the cool intro sequence and then played LA map. I couldn´t beat it, but I spent quite a lot of time visiting buildings and being involved in intense combat. I need four keys to open this alien hi-tech thing but only got three. Anyway rode the bike, entered lot of buildings and had a taste to a lot of cool features. I then saved the game for later and tried Mikko´s map from the console, knowing I won´t have time to play the whole episode. I had some difficulties playing Mikko´s map, It relies more in the mod´s unique features and I starting with no weapons, forced me to cheat as there was a battle right at the start. I couldn´t manage to open two doors that I finally cheated to clip and then rode the mech, but nothing happened after I beat all other mechs and enemies around (probably because I broke the sequence). The map has a great atmosphere and the machinery breaking the horizon (specially the view in the train ride) is awesome. Both maps were great in their own way. While Mikko´s was more visual, Micky´s was more action packed and the amount of features got me thinking again about Duke and that update I once had in mind for the DNF mod.

Some highlights:

- I find -just like when I tried the first episode- a bit annoying the fact that the player is expected to use computers and menues, for selecting missions and other things. IMO those things are cool so long as they aren´t mandatory, so the pace is not affected. I generally play games with my mind in a blank state, I go for the action and just have fun with the story. But when I´m forced to make choices and use menues.. it just breaks the momentum. This is just me, of course, but I thought I´d mention it.

- I wonder why you used that bike sprite instead of the voxel I made. Was it a choice or you didnt think I´d be cool with it? I remember telling you that you had my blessing for it.

- I played with headphones and I can give props for the sound (specially in the intro), music is great too, specially the transitions.

- I loved stuff like ripping some liztroop heads off, picking temporary enemies weapons. the pigcop with the shield, the special effects like debris and slow motion explosions, the EDF soldiers AI was really cool -they are actually very helpful-, the clouds moving in the skybox and the mech -which is superb-.

- I disliked the rolls when sprinting backwards or sideways, just like the jumps when you force the sprint stamina beyond its limit. They are both annoying and confusing.

My kids saw me playing and inmediatelly grabbed a copy for their pc. I´m sure they will stress test your creation and if they have something to say, i will post it here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:36:38 AM by Gambini »

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 09:38:24 AM »
For that last key in the first level:

Did you get the key from the video store? Unless you have the toolkit you'll have to go around the back way, near the EDF cafe place.

Mikko should at least have his pistol at the start which should be enough. If you've assigned a temp weapon to him that should help as well.

I imagine with the bike, he wanted to differentiate it a bit from the DNF version. Plus with the sprite, he's actually edited the sprite so that you can see each character riding it from a third-person view. Can't really do that with the voxel.

If you're playing random levels, that might also break how different levels are unlocked. Just make sure you play the arsia mons colony mission last since that's the final one.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
I wonder why you used that bike sprite instead of the voxel I made. Was it a choice or you didnt think I´d be cool with it? I remember telling you that you had my blessing for it.
As Micky said, there's art for each character (Except Highwire d'oh) riding the bike so I went with the RR bike art (as cool as the voxel version is)

Thanks for the good words, hopefully your kids like it is well ;) The menus and stuff were made to make the mod a bit more in-depth and to represent the scale of the thing more accurately...it's unfortunate it's not to your taste but I do understand why you dislike it at the least.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 06:45:58 PM »
My kids saw me playing and inmediatelly grabbed a copy for their pc. I´m sure they will stress test your creation and if they have something to say, i will post it here.

Heh, maybe they can show you how to finish my map without cheating.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:16:59 AM »
I know how insulting is to read that I had to cheat when playing your map but I didn´t have a choice. I tried three times to evade the soldiers when i´m dropped in the middle of their gunfire but had no luck. I then tried with "give all" just to have something to fight them. I didn´t open any lock until I found its proper key, but I imagine they triggered something on pick up as two doors didn´t open even when I used the key on their lock. I will give the map a second go, if there´s a way to spawn just the equipment I´m expected to carry at that point, let me know. Otherwise I can try with dnweapons.

If you've assigned a temp weapon to him that should help as well.

I have no idea how to do that.

Did you get the key from the video store? Unless you have the toolkit you'll have to go around the back way, near the EDF cafe place.

Yeah I found a door that required a toolkit. I wonder how I´m supposed to have it if it´s the first level?

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 05:19:32 AM »
Well you can beat those first two-three guys easily, after which you turn toward the lobby (the area behind you with white walls) which has two more guys but also plenty of ammo and health. Then travel in the opposite direction to find the key.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 06:20:06 AM »
Next to the gun guy in the AMC base there's an interface where you can assign equipment to characters.

Perhaps this point should be emphasized somehow since I'm not sure it's explicitly stated anywhere.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Gambini

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 10:54:56 PM »
So, as promised, I replayed Energeia without cheats. It was a much more satisfying experience, except by the fact that i spent most of my time with it being stuck. I already told Mikko about my problems concerning the layout. The map is great and the finale is majesitc, and in this second go I discovered some other cool features, like swimming up and down when looking up or down (I´d love to get that borrowed).

Apart from the map, i looked into the credits.txt and wondered where the real credits are (sure there must be a credits screen after finishing the game) but it would of have been suitable to credit all the authors, you know mappers, contributors, etc.

I will sure try to get further into the campaign as i have some more time later.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 11:16:05 PM »
Gambini pointed out that he never realized he had the pistol when my map started; he had been trying to kill the mercs with his fists (and we all know Gambini punches like a little girl). It's not really something the dev team had thought about since we probably always took it for granted that you must select a weapon after a cutscene. Obviously, this should be corrected so that the player automatically has a weapon selected after a cutscene (which, I assume, holsters your weapon).

Apart from the map, i looked into the credits.txt and wondered where the real credits are (sure there must be a credits screen after finishing the game) but it would of have been suitable to credit all the authors, you know mappers, contributors, etc.

The actual team is credited at the end of the episode. The txt is simply for stuff we borrowed from people who were not directly involved.

I will sure try to get further into the campaign as i have some more time later.

You really have already seen the best part so why bother?

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
That's a fair point, the weapon0 slot is selected by default and I forget that some people don't utilize the loadout stuff (or don't know about it yet) I'll see what I can do to sort that out.

There IS a credits map, at the end of each episode :)

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top