Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• June 19, 2019, 11:45:29 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: thanks Alejandro!  (Read 19977 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: thanks Alejandro!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »
Only for the database, I can't see any kind of option to actually save the contents of what's in the forum. This forum is running a fairly old version of the software, I vaguely remember Alejandro saying that it switched to a paid format which is why he hasn't upgraded (and I don't blame him really, he already pays for the domain to this site as it is) that's also why registration is blocked, because the forum has no spam bot protection and as you can see in the user list, there's never not a moment where about a dozen spambots are lurking around.

If the time comes, there are options for me to upgrade that forum by paying for a domain name, no ads .etc and I don't mind doing that if Alejandro decides to stop hosting this place. It will be a shame to lose all of the posts here but all good things must come to an end and such on.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 11:51:56 PM »
Tx can probably rip this site and get its content. He did it when DN-R went down and it kept the forum intact.
If it can be ripped, he might help you import it to your other forum.

Dunno. Can't hurt to ask in advance though so at least you have a contingency plan in place.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »
Hmm, I know this sounds weird but it doesn't feel right to ask TX to do that...I'm sure Alejandro wouldn't mind doing something like that if/when the time comes that hosting this place is no longer an option.

Forge

• AMC TC beta testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 10:09:16 AM »
If you can actually get ahold of Ale, then it's a different situation. The problem with DN-R was nobody could get in contact with Kim.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
Iīm back!!

I get in touch with Ale every now and then (when asking him to fix the forum mostly). Last time we talked we shared a few ideas about how to relive it. Donīt let your hopes die. There are chances of him updating the software, etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top