Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• October 14, 2019, 01:47:17 PM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Parkade  (Read 20146 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Parkade
« on: April 27, 2014, 05:09:01 PM »
As the first full sized, full scale TROR map (making extensive and original use of the feature), what do people think of the map in hindsight?

TBH I probably haven't even played the current version of the map myself despite being one of the authors. Paul B went insane making tweaks to the map and uploading a dozen+ copies, each time probably slowly overriding my gameplay implementation.

Containing several 3D multi-story buildings, the map is still original in some respect, although the implementation of gameplay was more or less an afterthought.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Parkade
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »
I think I managed to playthrough it with a relatively low framerate. It was a fairly good map, but I haven't been keen to play it for several reasons. I don't think the TROR had a huge effect on the map, but it had several neat ideas and was a nice display of what the new features were capable of.

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
Well. To be honest I didn´t consider it a good map. Players would be required to either deal with a clusterfuck of glitches or opt for polymer. For many players, like me, using polymer is like trying to play the game while holding a glass of water on your head: You won´t quite enjoy it, despite it is playable. Polymer has become better, i think, but at that time it was slower and the visibility/shading setup ugly. But the problem is that, with such requeriment, the map doesn´t offer a single Wow moment. It feels like a 1997/1998 city map with more detailing. There isn´t such thing as design on it and all areas look overly wide for their height and doors look like garage doors. On a more subjective point of view the gameplay felt unncesesarily intrincate.

I hope you understand this is not intentionally harsh, but since you wanted a hindsight. I´m giving you mine. I haven´t played all the versions, I played the first one, which i couldn´t finish and then I once walked around one of the latest versions in those times when Paul B would upload one every two days.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:37:37 AM »
I'll let you know once I get to play the map the way it was intended.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »
I'll let you know once I get to play the map the way it was intended.

I suppose half the TROR was plain SOS anyway, and the TROR just made the connections easier. Although none of it would have been possible without the ability to restrict the vertical editing range that Helix added.

IMO TROR shouldn't be used so extensively in maps, which is ironic considering when episode 2 of the AMC TC comes out it'll contain a map which is quite possibly the most 3D TROR map ever.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top