Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• July 21, 2017, 11:35:25 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How does the AMC TC compare against other TCs?  (Read 5517 times)

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
How does the AMC TC compare against other TCs?
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
I'm talking mostly about scope.

For example, as far as I know, the AMC TC has had the largest amount of contributing mappers.
James, Mikko, Micky C, Rusty Nails, Mike Von Skellington, Davox, Forge, Rhaisher, Sang, Loke, Highwire, Zaxtor, probably a few others I'm forgetting, soon-to-be Merlijn and Gambini.

It definitely has the largest art set. The eduke32 art limit was doubled specifically for this TC.

The only thing I'm not sure about is number of levels/play time. Between Episodes 1 and 2, you've got around 20 hours on first play through. I can't recall exactly how many there are, but I know that Zaxtor's Oblivion is quite large.
The detail level can be a bit variable at times but is usually above average. SST on the other hand has relatively low details by today's standards, however still pulls off a pretty good look, plus has great atmosphere and level design.

I'd also like to think the levels are among the most ambitious in the Duke community. I mean how many TCs having you falling several km towards a martian colony.
Not to mention all the really deep gameplay features like the exporable hubs between levels as well as research/upgrades and things.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How does the AMC TC compare against other TCs?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »
Unless you know something I don't, Merlijn and Gambini haven't made maps for the TC :P Merlijn has made a room for himself in the new base map though which is good (only Sang and Mikko left to make rooms now) Snowfall and Geoffrey have made maps for the TC as well.

It definitely has the largest scope, but I think Oblivion would probably beat it for play time at this moment in time.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 03:25:35 AM »
What about in terms of interactivity and stuff? I haven't played it but I've heard Grins of Divinity has features like civilians and being able to pick up objects.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
Well we've got pretty much everything released beat in that regards, but we've also got one of the longest dev times (TC development started in 2007, so next year it would be a decade) and I'm a shut in who only goes out to work so I have plenty of time to work on it :P

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 02:18:11 AM »
TC development started in 2007, so next year it would be a decade)

jesus christ
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top