Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• November 19, 2017, 09:46:20 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Now this is a blast from the past :)  (Read 11247 times)

Moloch

• View Profile
Now this is a blast from the past :)
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:08:16 AM »
Hi everyone.

First of all:
Oh my GOD this forum still exists!? :DOWNBRAVO:  (y)

The news on "Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour" Steam release made me think of the good old days and I'm planning on getting it. I was wondering have any of you bought it... and do the mods work? More precisely, does SST TC work with it?  ;)

I haven't took the time to check it out, but I'm sure some of the old bastards that were there when the SST TC was released (more than 16 years ago) are still here...

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Now this is a blast from the past :)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 02:18:14 AM »
Hi Moloch, to be honest there's a lot more people posting on Duke4.net so I'd suggest popping over there and making a similar topic.

As far as I'm aware, TerminX has confirmed in the past that mods are broken and will not work with World Tour. They've also changed the grp file as well, it's not a very good 'legacy' edition of Duke Nukem unfortunately. The new episode is not too bad though, it's a novelty so don't buy it if you don't want to spend the money on it, it'll only take 2 hours at most.

Moloch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:11:05 AM »
Thanks! Too bad for the mod support, although I've expected that. Will still probably be getting it, just for the kicks.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:19 AM »
Yeah fat chance of any of these modern commercial Duke ports supporting old TCs. Hell, from what I heard, World Tour doesn't even support custom music.

And great to see that you're still alive! I've noticed that the SST TC has been seeping into my thoughts lately. There really has been only one mod of comparable popularity since then..
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 04:59:28 PM »
SST TC was before my time. I've tried it a few years ago and it sure was excellent, but I never finished it for some reason.

Spookily enough I actually started it up again around 2 weeks ago. So that makes two of here that were thinking about it before you showed up  :o

There really has been only one mod of comparable popularity since then..

Duke Nukem 2013 will end up a footnote of mods in the grand scheme of things  :wub: There's no doubt it's fantastic work and people will play it for years to come, but the initial wide-spread popularity was mostly a fluke.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 04:55:10 AM »
Duke Nukem 2013 will end up a footnote of mods in the grand scheme of things  :wub: There's no doubt it's fantastic work and people will play it for years to come, but the initial wide-spread popularity was mostly a fluke.

Ah, the words of a bitter man.
But yes, its popularity was a fluke because it's unlikely the world will ever see two such incredibly talented individuals working toward a common goal again. Prophecies claiming the inevitable return of the Creators have been floating around but we have to ask ourselves, could the world survive our return?
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

alejandro

• Administrator
  • AMC's Almighty Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 08:45:53 AM »
I got it! But for the PS4
It brought me a bit of nostalgia :) and of course I have already been playing all these old original levels again
Fifth (new) episode is also good altough too short but ok, it's just an extra :P

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »

Ah, the words of a bitter man.
But yes, its popularity was a fluke because it's unlikely the world will ever see two such incredibly talented individuals working toward a common goal again. Prophecies claiming the inevitable return of the Creators have been floating around but we have to ask ourselves, could the world survive our return?

Just this: Everytime I feel bad about my life, i think of the DNF 2013 glory  ;D

BTW where the hell went my signature?

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 12:32:50 AM »
I got it! But for the PS4
It brought me a bit of nostalgia :) and of course I have already been playing all these old original levels again
Fifth (new) episode is also good altough too short but ok, it's just an extra :P
Damn, he lives! :P

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Sang

• Moderators
    • MSN Messenger - sangmahn@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 03:40:40 AM »
You people are still alive? JEEZUS
"heh, a sidenote, I´d not mind to clean her ass with my tongue after she takes a shit. " - Gambini

"Like a gay couple both have a penis but one will have to crouch and put the ass or it simply won´t work." - Gambini

Last.fm

Moloch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 11:34:11 PM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 11:38:04 PM by Moloch »

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top