Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• July 21, 2017, 11:33:00 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [RELEASE] Nuclear Showdown v2  (Read 5108 times)

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
[RELEASE] Nuclear Showdown v2
« on: November 06, 2016, 06:56:51 PM »
Nuclear Showdown V2 (moddb page)

First of all, thanks to Nightfright for patching what he could of my old code and trying to keep the mod alive. This version was based off his version. also thanks to M210 for hosting NS on his site and also trying to fix a few bugs.

Finally thanks to Oporix for releasing 'Block ignite' a usermap for Nuclear Showdown which inspired me to patch it so it's functional and relatively bug-free. I've included the map with the mod in a new episode titled 'Nuclear Showdown', it's made for polymer mode (although the mod itself is classic mode, it still works fine in polymer) so give it a play and leave him some feedback in his topic.

Fixes:
-fixed custom switches, locks and toolboxes from not opening doors
-fixed pipebomb being thrown along with prox dynamite
-fixed plasma cannon not working
-fixed jibs not spawning

Additions:
-added additional shotgun animation tile by Minigunner
-added ammolots tile by Reaperman (originally posted by Hendricks266)

There's a lot of quality of life stuff I'd like to do (a more organic way of activating the new inventory items) but AMC TC is always beckoning in the background; however if people like the mod enough and make more usermaps than I would definitely do more stuff with the TC.

Download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ae6l4qiicyjb71o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpRNnIcYmGk

Note that I highly recommend grabbing the Duke Nukem PSX version soundtrack from here:
http://hendricks266.duke4.net/music_packs_psx.php

The included ns.def with NS will use this music so just place the highres folder in the same directory as Nuclear Showdown and rename ns.def to duke3d.def

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [RELEASE] Nuclear Showdown v2
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:04:42 AM »
I'll probably try this is in a week or two. I need to get a long simulation up and running, but should have some spare time during the run itself.

I'm curious as to how code was shared between Imagination World, Nuclear Showdown, and the AMC TC. Could you provide an overview of how it went down?
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
not really, I just literally used early NS code to start the AMC TC - I don't think I used anything from IW since that was very early terrible coding (and Survival was even more of a hack jab) Tiles022 of both NS and AMC TC are nearly identical save for the last few tiles (since the AMC base was started using NS' art tiles)

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:43:33 PM »
How am I supposed to kill things in that Block Ignite map? My pistol (and the akimbo gun) is out of ammo before I get to open the blue door. I tried it twice and couldn't find anything useful.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »
There's a crate you can blow up at the start of the map. Hopefully more people will post feedback for the guys' map now that it's easier to play.

MSandt

• AMC Staff
  • Je peux enfin respirer dans ce désert de neige
    • MSN Messenger - mikko.sandt@satabaana.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:34 AM »
I see. Of course if you use the pipe bomb to blow up the gate (which seems the more logical thing to do), then you're pretty much screwed.
"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?"

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:37 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed that - he said he might start another map for NS so hopefully he'll steer cleer of something similar next time.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 05:11:35 AM »
Geez a lot of people have gotten screwed over by that crate.
Herbs? Tell me more!

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 03:24:07 PM »
I've played some more Nuclear Showdown. Some of the level look pretty decent and have fantastic layouts, which is good considering the age of the episode. However I got stuck in the first under water mission and ultimately ended up using cheats to get the keys. When I got to the second under water mission I just lost interest.

Both under water missions as a whole didn't look or play too well. Not to mention that the whole "under water" aspect was minimal such that you might as well have been playing two spaced-themed maps that just so happened to have a bit of water in them, and mediocre space maps at that.
Herbs? Tell me more!

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 03:59:02 AM »
Well, they are what they are - I tried to stick to maps that were roughly the level/gameplay style of the 3DR maps rather than any flashier or more complex maps.

I just released v2.1, check it out!

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 08:09:03 AM »
Congrats on reliving it. I remember playing the mod back in the days when I first joined this forum and being positively impressed by some of its features (namely the reloading shotgun, the sunglasses pigcops that would punch you and the levels). I will try to give it a go for the kicks!!

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top