Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• September 21, 2017, 08:41:43 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Essential Duke  (Read 2266 times)

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
  • EDuke32 Special Forces -- Code Ops
    • MSN Messenger - deeper-thought@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Essential Duke
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »
Sure thing. Keep in mind eventually the shrinker weapon should have a new behavior, so it would be cool if also did something different like this you are suggesting.

Now I'm confused. If it's still going to shrink enemies, then I will import the code. If it's not going to shrink enemies, then I would rather not. Unfortunately, it's a fair amount of work because I have to insert dozens of lines in different places to change the sound or sound pitch played when an enemy is shrunk.
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

Gambini

• The madness never had a mentor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
I like the idea and if applied should stay. What i mean with behavior is related to the hud weapon and projectile. In any case I´m better testing it on this mod first and then we can move ahead to implement it in DNF.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 05:00:55 PM »
Check it out:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=16952556014998658940

It's just an EDUKE.CON file, you drop it in a vanilla folder and run the game normally. It's intended for only the original art, works fine with classic renderer as well as the others.

I have done all the stuff on this that I wanted to, for now. If anyone would like to try it out and provide any feedback or new ideas, I would appreciate it, because I have emptied my to-do list.

By far the most difficult feature was the laser site on the pistol. Thanks to Gambini for pushing me to make it better. Many hacks and tricks were involved to make it this good. In the end it is just a dot in the game world and most players would not give it a second thought. Honestly a lot of people will prefer the old crosshair, but what the hell.

At mrline's suggestion, I did add a new attack to BOSS3. Nothing too original: if you shoot him there's a chance he will charge straight at you really fast in a straight line. If you dodge it and he rams a wall near you it fucks you up a bit. I think it fits the character about as well as anything. I didn't mess with the other bosses, but now they each have two attacks (chaingun and mortars for BOSS1, missiles and coolexplosions for BOSS2, missiles and ramming for BOSS3, electricity and newbeasts for BOSS4).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:02:28 PM by Trooper Dan »
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Fissile Materials

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 09:29:12 PM »
Don't have a lot of time to check it out at the moment, however the AMC TC has a pretty good laser sight effect for weapons. It behaves a lot like you described, although is floor-aligned when it's on the ground. There's no visual clipping on the ground case because of the way the classic renderer draws sprites on slopes, of course that doesn't carry over well to the other renderers.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

Trooper Dan

• Mario Nukem Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
Yeah that's cool, I have nothing but respect for AMC TC, even if I'm too lazy to actually play it more than once every few years or so.

As with any two similar things that are made from scratch by different people, I'm sure there are plenty of differences between how I implemented laser dots and how James did.

The trickiest part in my implementation was getting the location of the dot to update at the framerate (which can be hundreds of times per second), even though it is a sprite in the game world which only execute code 30 times per second. If it's not updated with framerate, it will jump from place to place instead of smoothly moving across surfaces. The solution was to use a display event to redo the hitscan from the camera coords and then adjust the sprites tsprite position accordingly.

Fissile Materials
Pages: 1 [2]

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top