Home : Downloads : Forums : Contact Us Copyright

AMC Web Forums

• June 18, 2018, 04:56:03 AM *
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 710 times)

David Wolfe

• AMC TC member/guest
  • Professional Game Breaker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Greetings!
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:55:17 PM »
Hello, my name is David Wolfe, as probably evident by my username.

I'm a 26 year old chemical engineer from the Netherlands, randomly bumped into AMC and immediately decided that I'd love to be part of this endeavour. I have rarely seen any mods with such high quality and massive amount of content for the past 10 years on the (E)Duke engine, with some notable exceptions of course (Duke WMD, WGRealms, etc.)

I have ~12 years of experience with beta testing/game breaking, voice acting, modeling, spriting, sound design, audio mastering and music (re)mixing on the source, XRay, (GZ)Doom and UE3 engines. I'm currently building a spriting corner (greenscreen with cameras, like the good old days) to add more details and draw new sprites.

I've worked and given advice on mods & Games like The Faction War (for STALKER), SMOD: Delta (Half-life 2), Hideous Destructor, Project Brutality (Doom), Killing Floor (UE Mod version), Naferias reign (Eduke) and more.

I've been playing AMC pretty much nonstop from start to finish several times for the past month and am willing to make a list of bugs and problems I've come across from the top of my head. Perhaps appending stuff to the Wikia while I'm at it, if allowed.

I'm hoping to be a valuable backup to the team and will do my best to supply what I can, when I have the time.

I hope our cooperation will be a pleasant one.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:00:18 PM by David Wolfe »

Loke

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »
Welcome David!

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:16:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum David, it's always great to see people who are enthusiastic about the TC.

We're certainly on the lookout for people who are willing to contribute skills like voice acting, and some of the others you mentioned.

I'm sure James, the team leader, will have more to say.
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

James

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - Jstanf36@ntlworld.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:32:30 AM »
Welcome aboard (y)

You should be able to see the AMC TC dev forums at the bottom, there you can grab the details for the SVN and check out the new stuff when you're ready. I could definitely use more help with a bunch of things so it all sounds gravy.

David Wolfe

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »
By the way, it just dawned on me that I haven't actually sent in any clips of my work.

For an example of my audio & Music compilation/mixing, here's an addition I made for Hideous Destructor a few months back, it's changed wildly by now, but I'm sure you get the idea.
https://mega.nz/#!2R0VhZzA!c692vSPbB-S9MCqg1JKaqqv_oRVUzGiiIS4kDM7_wUQ

micky c

• AMC TC member/guest
  • math man
    • MSN Messenger - mickel999@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:41:14 PM »
Are you referring to the background music? It's so quiet I can barely hear it.

Anyway, as you've already done, for anything explicitly dev-related it's best to use the dev forums  :)
Herbs? Tell me more!

It's quiet... a little... *too* quiet.

Contenido no disponible. La página que intentas ver no se encuentra disponible por el momento. Por favor regresa más tarde.

David Wolfe

• AMC TC member/guest
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »
Are you referring to the background music? It's so quiet I can barely hear it.

Anyway, as you've already done, for anything explicitly dev-related it's best to use the dev forums  :)

No, the sounds of the firearms and objects. Sorry.
These were recreated from existing sound effects, tweaked and modified to fit a more hollywood style approach. I also have other examples, with distance sound effects, realistic settings, futuristic and stuff in there.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:21:35 PM by David Wolfe »

(C) 2009, Alejandro Glavic. http://www.amcwebforums.com Go top